The Lie of the Land (3608 / 1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lie of the Land (3608 / 1008)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 36 (10)
    THE LIE OF THE LAND
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3608 (1008)
    With the world under a spell since the Monks took control and began to actively rewrite the memories of every person on Earth, Bill goes in search of the Doctor -- who seems to be colluding with the invaders.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 June 2017, 11:53 PM.

Great conclusion to the story started in the previous episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Great conclusion to the story started in the previous episode.
      Does Bills Memory of her mother still equal a big red reset button? I somehow think the writers should not have made a point of that.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        Does Bills Memory of her mother still equal a big red reset button? I somehow think the writers should not have made a point of that.
        Oh, I don't know... Bill's memory of her mother is a shared one, because that's what she used to deprogram the Earth's population. Perhaps that sort of cancels it out in the grand scheme of things. I thought it was curious that they used tape rather than some more advanced technology to record Bill's voice and keep the lie from taking over the minds of Bill's rebels.
        sigpic

Comment

Nah, didn't do it for me. Especially when the Doctor showed Bill how no one notices these things... As I understand it, everyone came out of the Monk's spell - that doesn't mean the people who were killed were suddenly alive again... That WOULD have been something that people remembered!! (At least in Davies' day, ala Christmas Invasion, when 1/3 of the population stood on the roof tops... they didn't then jump off.)
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

After the awesome start I was looking forward to a really intense episode, though obviously it only made the disappointment worse

Comment

Working...
            X