Extremis (3606 / 1006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremis (3606 / 1006)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 36 (10)
    EXTREMIS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3606 (1006)
    A troubled Vatican appeals to the Doctor for help after every person assigned to read an ancient heretical text called the Veritas ends up dead by his own hand. While the Doctor struggles to hide a secret from Bill, he recalls the part he played in Missy's execution.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 31 May 2017, 08:27 AM.

So they realized the Doctor could just regenerate and upped the drama again. Still there is no way they would keep him blind for very long.

I loved the Episode overall and nice to finally get confirmation on who is in the vault. It was pretty much already a given when the Doctor teased the prisoner with a story of death when he clearly knew he would enjoy that. Though I am sure there is much more to this Story than we are being told. Missy looked surprised to see the Doctor, but then played dead like she was in on it. What could be the reason to keep Missy a thousand years in the vault?
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Indeed - I was expecting some teaser to why she was being executed... or at least a throw away line referencing the Telemovie...

Is it possible we may just get this new menace playing throughout most/all of the rest of the season?? I actually quite like the sound of that! (Not sure how Cybermen or Simms would fit in... but hey)

The story itself was pretty good - very Matrix, though I liked the Doctor's Mario analogy.

Oh - and - Pope in Bill's house - I thought I'd wake the neighbourhood with my laughter!
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

I loved the episode but one or two things brought it down for me.

1- Psychic glasses. Clearly these let you see in some for, just strap a pair of cameras on them already.
        2- Being able to email as part of every programme is not a truth. Wouldn't bother me so much if the line didn't have the buildup it did.
        Originally posted by Craig Charles
        "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          Indeed - I was expecting some teaser to why she was being executed... or at least a throw away line referencing the Telemovie...

Oh - and - Pope in Bill's house - I thought I'd wake the neighbourhood with my laughter!
          I think we may have gotten a hint. They kept emphasizing that only in the depths of darkness, without a witness, without reward can you see a truely good person.

Agree on the Pope scene. My Dad actually had to check what had me laughing so hard.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Just watched it again... and - I think it's becoming one of my favourite Capaldi's... Much better IMO than the Zygon story, yet still very "contemporary".

I'm quite enjoying the Doctor being blind. Or at least - I think Capaldi's doing a pretty good job at it. I wonder how long they will keep it up!
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

I'm still not a fan of Capaldi.... but I liked this episode. I thought the part with him and Bill in the White House was superbly done by both of them.

I've often wondered about computers randomly generating numbers... Or more specifically, when I'm listening to my mp3 player and it's set to random songs, it doesn't really seem random.

Comment

I enjoyed this one, but it wasn't my favorite by a long shot. The scene where the Pope walked out of Bill's room was priceless, though!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X