Battlefront II (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefront II (2017)

Looks like the news slipped out a bit earlier than they meant it to--but we've got another Battlefront game on the way.

http://kotaku.com/star-wars-battlefr...aks-1794239046

Appears to be stuff from all eras of canon SW this time around!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Full trailer debuted at Celebration panel

Confirmed that the game WILL feature a single-player campaign which will be canon, and feature the same Inferno Squad that is the subject of an upcoming novel.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Christie Golden (author of the Inferno Squad novel) now on stage at the panel... She just explained that the book will be the formation of the team and their first missions/teambuilding, providing backstory for the team that we'll be playing as/with in the solo campaign of Battlefront II.

Comment

I don't mind Christie Golden's writing, but I have only read the Ravenloft books she wrote.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I never got a chance to play the first one but glad there will be single player in the next one

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            I don't mind Christie Golden's writing, but I have only read the Ravenloft books she wrote.
            I haven't read any of her stuff from the old EU, but in the new canon she wrote the Ventress/Quinlan Vos novel Dark Disciple. Pretty good.

I gather she wrote a bunch of the Star Trek Voyager relaunch novels too, but I haven't read any of those.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            I never got a chance to play the first one but glad there will be single player in the next one
            Yeah, really glad about that too. Multiplayer is okay, but really prefer a story-driven solo mode.

But for me what dragged down the the first one was a lack of content. It was very pretty and extremely well done-up to be Star Warsy, but at launch it felt awfully barebones, and has only now (with the release of several paid DLCs) reached the level/quantity of content that I would expect from a game at launch--not two years later.

Fortunately, so far it appears that Battlefront II will be remedying this.

Comment

Behind the story

Comment

Working...
              X