Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the Asurans (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Asurans (possible spoilers)

So I've been watching up to season four after Carter takes command of Atlantis. What confuses me is that they refer to the asurans as replicators even though they are a seperate race to their milky way cousins. I know they take their name from asuras buy where/when do we learn their actual name?

Asurans come from the planet Asuras..

Comment

Yes I get that. But they've never referenced that.

Comment

You might just as well call them RepliAncients, since they mimicked their creators.

Comment

So what are they only refered to as asuran on wikis then? And not in show?

Comment

Originally posted by Redleader388 View Post
            So what are they only refered to as asuran on wikis then? And not in show?
            They're not. That one dude that wanted to ascend said who they were.

Comment

Ok I haven't gotten that far. Seems wierd they wouldn't bother to name them until season 4-5

Comment

Originally posted by Redleader388 View Post
                Ok I haven't gotten that far. Seems wierd they wouldn't bother to name them until season 4-5
                They don't. If you've seen the episode where we discover the Asurans Niam introduces them as the Asurans, iirc. I'll have to rewatch it to make certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                  They don't. If you've seen the episode where we discover the Asurans Niam introduces them as the Asurans, iirc. I'll have to rewatch it to make certain.
                  Yup, I was right. In The Progeny in season 3, ep. 5 when Weir and co. step through the gate Niam says "I am Niam, welcome to Asuras."

Comment

Ok I missed that detail. Thanks

Comment

Also later in Progeny:

McKAY: I’ve searched a good portion of the database for any indication of the Asurans, but, uh ...

Comment

Working...
                      X