X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Yes, that is exactly how they explained it in the next episode lol

Comment

They also said that this "paradox" is a closed loop. So it can only be broken by someone from the outside. Since that would be very problematic to do I think they will just explain it away by some speed force shenanigans as usual.
      This loop is somehow the making of Reverse Flash also, since him killing Barry's mom added to Barry's inside darkness which turned his remnant into Savitar. That would sort of explain how the "unkilling" and then "rekilling" of Barry's mom by RF created a time quake strong enough to "free" Savitar. RF also told Barry that there would be great consequences that he would have to find out for himself. RF's Future knowledge seems to include alternate realities as well.

By the way they already started the speed force shenanigans by Savitar saying that the more Barry alters the timeline the less he is connected to it.
      Remember that I said in the opening that the loop can only be broken from the outside... So essentially Barry has to completely f* up the timeline, so he will be completely disconnected and can break the loop.
      Borrowing from Jack O'neill: The loop can be broken!
      sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

It makes no sense. Barry never created time remnants in this timeline, so Savitar should never have been created.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

He created one to defeat Zoom.

But Savitar himself says Barry hasn't created him yet, he only does that to defeat Savitar in the future in order to try and avenge Iris's death, that's when Savitar let's the copy live so he can be rejected by the team and go on to become Savitar, think of it like River Song in Doctor Who, we saw the Doctor's timeline in a linear format, while River Song's was out of sequence from our perspective. If we were watching from Savitar's perspective, then the story would start at his creation, then rejection, then creating the suit, then the past to create the myth, etc. etc.

But I agree, it doesn't make sense, I think at this stage we just dispell with logic and enjoy the story, even the creation of a time remnant defies the already established canon of time travel in the series, so they're just making it up as they go along tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            He created one to defeat Zoom.

But Savitar himself says Barry hasn't created him yet, he only does that to defeat Savitar in the future in order to try and avenge Iris's death, that's when Savitar let's the copy live so he can be rejected by the team and go on to become Savitar, think of it like River Song in Doctor Who, we saw the Doctor's timeline in a linear format, while River Song's was out of sequence from our perspective. If we were watching from Savitar's perspective, then the story would start at his creation, then rejection, then creating the suit, then the past to create the myth, etc. etc.

But I agree, it doesn't make sense, I think at this stage we just dispell with logic and enjoy the story, even the creation of a time remnant defies the already established canon of time travel in the series, so they're just making it up as they go along tbh.
            The one he created to defeat Zoom is dead. Savitar said Barry created time remnants in order to save Iris. So now Savitar was originally created in a future that no longer exists.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

@ Ian-S: You are exactly right about those time remnants. They make no sense. They're basically a plot device. Deus ex machine, if you will.
              They say that time remnants are the past selves of a speedster. They go back in time and bring along that version of themselves. There is just one big plot hole in that: If they go back and "kidnap" themselves from the timeline that means that they broke their own timeline, therefore if the time remnant dies or doesn't go back to his respective timeline, then that should create a paradox or erase the speedster from existence. Unless in the universe of the Flash time is similar to the time in Stephen Kings: Langoliers, where the past gets eaten by giant Pacmans with shark teeth. But I don't think so, because they couldn't travel to the past then, or they could but it would be empty or already eaten and they would just fell in to the empty nothingness and vanish.----> OMG... 2024: Flash vanishes in crysis. The langoliers will get him...XD
              sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
              X