• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Once and Future Flash (319)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    THE ONCE AND FUTURE FLASH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 319
    Hoping to discover Savitar's identity Barry travels to the year 2024, where he finds that Team Flash has disbanded and the future Barry has fallen into a deep depression. As he tries to rally his friends against villains Top and Mirror Master, Barry learns that the one person who knows his enemy's identity is Killer Frost.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 April 2017, 09:03 PM.

WAHHAHWHW.. Why tease us in finding out the name and not reveal it!!! CURSE THEM!!

I thought it was a good job in showing exactly what the death of Iris did to all the team. And loved how it was cisco convincing Past-barry to step up, that was the greese to get the rest of the team (minus wally) back togther.

BUT man did Cisco get gorked over.. Loss of his hands?!
    And i loved HR doing the book reading...!!

Comment

So either Iris is staying dead or Barry helping his future team heal was largely irrelevant because it's going to be erased from history anyway if he saves Iris.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Savitar looked a lot like Barry from behind. His trousers and skinny leg was in a shadow, so we couldn't see the color, but I suspect it would be gray. Like most of Barry's trousers. Maybe dark blue? Damn I can't tell no matter how many times I watch trough!
        But anyone to fit to that armor has to be skinny like Barry or Julien.

@Infinite Possibilities: Maybe not. Seeing how Reverse Flash was erased twice from existence did not change Barry's past I'm convinced that the timeline where Iris is dead will continue as a parallel world. Otherwise there would be really no point to this episode.
        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
          Savitar looked a lot like Barry from behind. His trousers and skinny leg was in a shadow, so we couldn't see the color, but I suspect it would be gray. Like most of Barry's trousers. Maybe dark blue? Damn I can't tell no matter how many times I watch trough!
          But anyone to fit to that armor has to be skinny like Barry or Julien.

@Infinite Possibilities: Maybe not. Seeing how Reverse Flash was erased twice from existence did not change Barry's past I'm convinced that the timeline where Iris is dead will continue as a parallel world. Otherwise there would be really no point to this episode.
          But that's not how time travel works in the Arrowverse. Heck, that's THE ENTIRE PREMISE of why the Flashpoint debacle means Flash can't go back to his original Season 1-2 timeline.

Then again, why do I bother? They've made it clear the rules aren't consistent and only work however the writers want them to at any moment. Sometimes Barry going back in time replaces his past self and other times it creates time remnants. Between this and Legends of Tomorrow, I suppose I have to accept they don't even pretend to have it make any sense.

When it comes to Savitar's identity (yeah I was pissed at the tease too), the question is who could it be that would make Killer Frost instantly trust them? If she tried to kill Barry, why would alternate Barry make her trust him. Maybe the Ronnie theory would fit in this case. But then again, maybe this isn't something that makes sense either.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I was going to ask if that could be Ronnie, but isn't he dead? Maybe it's Hunter Zolomon (from this Earth, not the Earth 2 Zoom).

Comment

As I recall Ronnie disappeared into the singularity from the end of season 1. Presumably that killed him, but miraculously surviving that would be on par with your average comic book style resurrection or return.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out who would make killer frost react that way. It can't be anyone that was in the future Cause Barry had trapped him at that point. So that rules out Julien, Wally and future Barry. I wonder if it's Iris that would maybe be a person that would make her react that way.
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  As I recall Ronnie disappeared into the singularity from the end of season 1. Presumably that killed him, but miraculously surviving that would be on par with your average comic book style resurrection or return.
                  BUT how then did he get the speedforce AND get so dam fast??

Comment

I don't know. I'm not necessarily a proponent of that theory. Maybe the singularity transported him to the speedforce and that itself is what made him so fast. All the other speedsters gained their powers presumably with some brief exposure to it, but maybe being exposed to that power directly from the source made him the fastest of the all.

And he turned evil because... um, being hurled through a comic book black hole is bad for your mental health or something.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Well it's either future future Barry (from a time after 2024), Ronnie back from the singularity, Jay Garrick from Earth 3 (I've previously explained my theory on this one) or Earth 1's Hunter Zolomon (who we've only ever met once from a distance in a park but there's nothing to say he isn't a future baddie).

There are several clues, who would make Killer Frost react that way? Smart money says Ronnie (a different version, from Earth 3 or 19 perhaps), so would Jay Garrick since she had the hots for him last season, but would either of those revelations send Wally into a catatonic state? probably not since he never met Ronnie, and hardly knew "Zoom" but seeing future future Barry, or even future future himself in the suit would send Wally mute (and we already know breaking your back isn't necessarily a permanent problem for a Speedster).. However, my money is still on it being one of the Jay Garrick/Hunter Zolomon characters, I dunno why though.

It being Iris would be an interesting twist, but at least we know from this episode who it is not...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        Well it's either future future Barry (from a time after 2024), Ronnie back from the singularity, Jay Garrick from Earth 3 (I've previously explained my theory on this one) or Earth 1's Hunter Zolomon (who we've only ever met once from a distance in a park but there's nothing to say he isn't a future baddie).

There are several clues, who would make Killer Frost react that way? Smart money says Ronnie (a different version, from Earth 3 or 19 perhaps), so would Jay Garrick since she had the hots for him last season, but would either of those revelations send Wally into a catatonic state? probably not since he never met Ronnie, and hardly knew "Zoom" but seeing future future Barry, or even future future himself in the suit would send Wally mute (and we already know breaking your back isn't necessarily a permanent problem for a Speedster).. However, my money is still on it being one of the Jay Garrick/Hunter Zolomon characters, I dunno why though.

It being Iris would be an interesting twist, but at least we know from this episode who it is not...
                        If it is iris that would probably put Wally into the state he was in
                        Last edited by Jeffer; 27 April 2017, 02:09 PM.
                        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                        sigpic

Comment

Savitar being Iris would be pretty hilarious, but even the brief glimpse of the person in the suit we saw doesn't seem to fit with her.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            Savitar being Iris would be pretty hilarious, but even the brief glimpse of the person in the suit we saw doesn't seem to fit with her.
                            Yeah the hair doesn't fit also if it was the reveal would have happened already as that would be more than enough to break Barry.
                            There is a picture on reddit right now that has Savitar with his mask off. It could just be a stuntman but a person has speculated that it's
                            Spoiler:
                            Catlin's father which would certainly make her react the way she did. Since he's supposed to be dead
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe that's another flashpoint mess up then.

Comment

Working...
                              X