No Regrets (418)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Unless ADA changed the entire background and timetable for HYDRA's infiltration of SHIELD, then Nick Fury would still have been basically calling the shots with regards to the Avengers until Winter Solider. And since HYDRA is still originally known to the world as a Nazi Science Division, all the present day agents should either know it's an old enemy of the SHIELD.

Plus, if there were no Avengers, then shouldn't "the algorithms" need to account for the other threats they defeated? Did Loki conquer the Earth? Did Malekath remake the universe?
    It would be nice to know exactly when 'shield got defeated' by Hydra in the framework, AND if it takes into account Loki, Thor etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
      She was monitoring the vitals of all the people his flat lined so she shut his off.
      She also seemed a little taken aback when it hapoened, as if she didn't know he was dead until she got to him (she checked the others first, surely if she was aware of his death, she'd have gone to his pod directly).

I wondered whether Madam Hydra was in effect a clone of Aida, who she could plug into every so often to give/receive status updates.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        It would be nice to know exactly when 'shield got defeated' by Hydra in the framework, AND if it takes into account Loki, Thor etc...
        I think the problem is that they are trying to suggest that this is a realistic extrapolation of their lives created by predictive algorithms rather than just a counterfactual scenario that Aida made up because she can make up whatever she wants in the Framework, because now it raises questions like this.

But I suppose that would undermine their attempt to tell their "this is really how Fitz and Ward and May would be if their lives were different" story.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Unless ADA changed the entire background and timetable for HYDRA's infiltration of SHIELD, then Nick Fury would still have been basically calling the shots with regards to the Avengers until Winter Solider. And since HYDRA is still originally known to the world as a Nazi Science Division, all the present day agents should either know it's an old enemy of the SHIELD.
          From what I understand, Hydra was able to accellerate their plan in the Framework world because of an incident involving the girl May saved from Bahrain. She saved the girl shortly before Iron Man 1, so I could see that movie happening, but Hydra making their move before the others. From what I remember from Coulson's lesson back in the first episode, Hydra basically convinced people that SHIELD knew the girl was an Inhuman and deliberately put her in a place where she could hurt a bunch more people. I could see May trying to make up for her mistake (and her reaction to kids being endangered by Hydra in this episode kind of follows from her feeling guilty about the deaths caused by the girl she saved).

Comment

But would she believe she should try to make up for it by joining the Nazis and helping murder all her fellow SHIELD agents?
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Depends on how much guilt she felt?

Another thing. Since Hydra came out right around the time just before IM1. As the inhuman threat was put out earlier (cause of that gal), does that then mean Afterlife (the inhuman safe spot) is no more? What of that inhuman temple? Or the diviners??

Comment

Do you think with Daisy undergoing Terrigenesis in the framework that would trigger her body in the real world to go through Terrigenesis to heal her wounds from escaping the LMD's in the playground??

Comment

Isn't Daisy going through Terrigenesis in the framework a plot hole? Since Aida already told her she wouldn't give her those powers (I think the exact line was "I can't allow you to have your powers here"), implying Aida could control events if she wanted?

I mean it's a bit silly, super evil AI that works out a loophole in her prime directive enabling her to kill someone her program specifically forbids, is also able to build the matrix and occupy it with millions of individual NPC's, yet forgets to write in a failsafe to stop one of her biggest enemies from obtaining or using her powers, surely she could have written into the Teragin code "if occupant = daisy { null } else { transform}".

Surely that's rule #1 in the Evil Scientists Guide to Ruling the World handbook?

Comment

True but we DID see Skye going into the coocoon.. Perhaps when she comes out she doesn't have her powers though.. We shall just wait and see.

Comment

Now that would be a twist, closely followed by Aida walking into the room and saying "I told you I couldn't allow you to have your powers here" shortly followed by May (freshly juice jacked) knocking her (Aida) into next weeks episode...

One can hope I suppose

Comment

Here's a twisted thought. What if Madam hydra is NOT aida, but agnes, who is really the one in control?

Comment

Is Director Mace Dead in the real world too?? I am starting to like him.
                          And May start helping the resistance now!!!
                          Also at the end Skye going through Terrigenesis, Quake is back again!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yukin1990 View Post
                            Is Director Mace Dead in the real world too?? I am starting to like him.

Yup. Poor mace died in both worlds. We saw his machine monitoring his vitals had flatlined, and aida disconnected him.

Comment

Working...
                            X