Babylon 5 Streaming on Verizon Go90 April 4TH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5 Streaming on Verizon Go90 April 4TH

Babylon 5 is one of a host of WB shows that will be streaming on Verizon's Go90 app starting April 4th according to this article.

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...90-1202020644/

I just signed up for the service. I watched an episode of Schitt's Creek. It was free on Wifi and commercial free. Nothing comes up yet when you search B5. The two negatives for me were that two years later they only have one season of Schitt's Creek, so that makes me question how much of B5 they'll be showing despite the fact the article indicates "All Seasons". I am hoping it is true and they have "All Seasons." Also there was a little graphic you couldn't get rid of in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Still the show is on a streaming service once again, so if you love B5 spread the word and start watching tomorrow.

Correction: Babylon 5 is once again on a streaming service that you don't have to pay-per-episode.
    Last edited by Looney; 03 April 2017, 01:03 PM.

Thanks for the info!!!

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Correction: Babylon 5 is once again on a streaming service that you don't have to pay-per-episode.
    So the free version is ad supported similar? Let us know when Babylon 5 is released, I'm very interested in a re-watch.

Also, does anyone know if this app is supported on Amazon FireTV or Amazon FireStick?
    sigpic

Comment

I just watched Midnight on The Firing Line; looks good, sounds good. I saw no adds. There was no graphic in the lower part of the screen. All five seasons are listed. No Gathering or other movies, but at least all five seasons are there.

As far as the app goes, I watched it on my tablet, set it up on my laptop, put it on my iPhone, but nothing came up when I searched it on my Roku. I still have a couple of other devices to try.

UPDATE: After Midnight on The Firing Line the player tried to show me a different show instead of going immediately to Soul Hunter, 1.2.

And before Soul Hunter started a 15second AD did play. So there is AD content, but that is the first I saw.

And just FYI, I watched this app yesterday on my laptop, but their FAQ sections says this is only available in the U.S.
      Last edited by Looney; 04 April 2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        I just watched Midnight on The Firing Line; looks good, sounds good. I saw no adds. There was no graphic in the lower part of the screen. All five seasons are listed. No Gathering or other movies, but at least all five seasons are there.

As far as the app goes, I watched it on my tablet, set it up on my laptop, put it on my iPhone, but nothing came up when I searched it on my Roku. I still have a couple of other devices to try.

UPDATE: After Midnight on The Firing Line the player tried to show me a different show instead of going immediately to Soul Hunter, 1.2.

And before Soul Hunter started a 15second AD did play. So there is AD content, but that is the first I saw.

And just FYI, I watched this app yesterday on my laptop, but their FAQ sections says this is only available in the U.S.
        Thanks for the update, I'm fine with ads on free content. Usually app\sreaming ads are shorter than tv commercials anyways.
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sidel...one-or-tablet/

This is an old (maybe I can find a newer work around) article, but I'm going to see if I can figure it out when I have time. I had to do something similar to install Marvel Unlimited (comic reading app) on my Fire Tablet a couple of years ago. It wasn't too hard and worked reasonably well.
          sigpic

Comment

I've watched through And The Sky Full of Stars, 1.8. They continue to look pretty good and sound good. Plus I have only seen two ads total since I started using this app Monday; both were 15 second ads. Of course this will change as this service grows, but it is sure nice watching for free with no ads during playback other than a 15sec spot before two episodes I've watched. And maybe other shows have more ads. IDK, I just know I am enjoying this.

Comment

And just in case anyone would like to start watching.

Midnight on The Firing Line

I am already up to Grail. Nothing to complain about. I've seen three 15 second ads total now. It has been wonderful.

Comment

So I am almost through Season One and I have seen five 15 second ads. The cool thing is that several episodes have some fade-to-black commercial bumpers and usually the first one of those has an actual Babylon 5 commercial graphic and music pop up.

Comment

And one year later to the day it is gone!

After exactly one year Go90, the Verizon App no one I have met has ever heard of, let their license to stream Babylon 5, and a host of other WB shows, expire. So gone is the show page, the episodes, and all the comments/discussions people were having about the episodes. What a shame. There is only one silver lining and that is hopefully a bigger streaming service - Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon - will pick it up and the next generation can discover Babylon 5. My fingers are crossed for Netflix, but I have a strong feeling it will be Hulu.

Comment

Working...
                  X