X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch!

Hello everyone!

I have been reading Gateworld for years and enjoyed reading posts about opinions and theories very much. I have had an account for a while, but I never was one to post anything. Today I decided to make a thread and start Stargate from the start! This is more just for my own fun, and I really would like to share my opinions and theories as well. Starting today I will watch the movie and continue through each series, starting with SG-1, SGA, SGU. If anyone wants to join me and also share their opinions I would enjoy the conversation. But as I said before this is more for my personal enjoyment to share with others and of course to watch my favorite series once more!

I started with the film last night! The original film has some great aspects, even though we don't have some of the beloved actors and character we have form the series. We get to know the back story of Col. O'Neil's son, and Dr. Daniel Jackson's belief in aliens constructing the pyramids for landing platforms for spacecraft. When I first watched SG-1 I had not seen the movie so I was lacking some of the backstory and I didn't get some of the references in the first season. But now I believe that the film is an intricate part of the story line.

I recently saw a theory that I thought was interesting.. What if Ra was really an Asgard? If you look at the original alien design in the film it is very similar to that of an asgard, which SG-1 changed later. It's an interesting theory, but of course it doesn't match the story line of future Stargate story arcs.

Now to begin the series!

Comment

Working...
    X