Question about SG1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about SG1!

I joined this forum so I could ask a question about SG1.

When they found the second gate in Antarctica WITH an intact and functioning DHD, why couldn't they use that DHD with the gate they use at the SGC?

I mean I know they have a dialing computer and stuff, but couldn't they leave all that hooked up and use the DHD so it would work the way it was supposed to and not be jerry-rigged?

The gate worked fine, no need to risk screwing it up by plugging in a DHD which may or may not have even worked with it (have you tried running Windows 3.1 programs in modern Windows?!). The DHD went to Area 51 with its own gate (and hence, the 'rogue NID' storyline).
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes, indeed it might have been incompatible and I guess they did not wish to risk trying it and maybe break something

Comment

Was that Stargate different than the other Milky Way stargates?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

IIRC wasn't that DHD out of power.. That's why sam had issues dialing out anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Was that Stargate different than the other Milky Way stargates?
            I don't think it was ever said one way or the other, just that it was one of the oldest in the network.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              IIRC wasn't that DHD out of power.. That's why sam had issues dialing out anywhere.
              It couldn't have been out of power since the NID used it for a short time, i.e. in The Touchstone, remember?

Comment

Right, they did. But I think he's right though. I do remember something about it finally running out of power and dying. But I can't remember the episode it was stated in...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Right, they did. But I think he's right though. I do remember something about it finally running out of power and dying. But I can't remember the episode it was stated in...
                  It wasn't stated in which episode it ran out of power. All it shows is that it was working in The Touchstone. After that, nobody knows. I'm guessing after the SGC shut down the NID's "side operation" the guys at area 51 were "playing" with it and it just conked out on them at some point. Leading Sam to conclude that it was most likely one of the oldest gates in the galaxy, since the power source was depleted.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Frozen
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

There was an episode where they borrowed the DHD back from the Russians. It was working but it got fried. Was that the same DHD?

Comment

Originally posted by Quantumentanglement View Post
                        There was an episode where they borrowed the DHD back from the Russians. It was working but it got fried. Was that the same DHD?
                        I believe the Russians had the original DHD found in Giza. The DHD they used wasn't the same that was in Antartica.

Comment

Originally posted by forcryingoutloud View Post
                          I believe the Russians had the original DHD found in Giza. The DHD they used wasn't the same that was in Antartica.
                          Exactly, that was the DHD that would've been buried with the Egypt gate.

Comment

Working...
                          X