This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calfornia cecceding from u.s.

I saw this and couldn't stop laughing, then again, how many people laughed at the donald for running for pres. and how many people voted for him as a joke only to call him Mr.President now, I need to wash my hand after writing that.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ates/22014441/

I would prefer it that the whole state leaves, they can split themselves up afterwards, as long as they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I would prefer it that the whole state leaves, they can split themselves up afterwards, as long as they leave.
      actually I thought So-Cal was largely conservative...just in a similar situation as NY (where in our state we're mostly blue all the time because of the large left-leaning occupation currently occupying the portion of the state east of the Hudson the people in So-Cal could be outnumbered by heavier liberal populations)...could be wrong though *shrug*

Comment

I would prefer it that the whole state leaves.
        better yet I would prefer if other states also leave

Comment

True enough.. the US would be better if a a few other states leave as well, such as Washington, Oregon, NY to name a few.

Comment

better but still not enough

Comment

Remember when Texas said it would leave after Obama was elected
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep. And it didn't happen. And I don't really think we'll be able to get rid of the liberal elites on the coasts now, either.
                But it would be nice.

Comment

Can you imagine if they did leave.. Would the 'border wall' don is planning to get up, have to include walling of ca?

Comment

Nah, Mother nature will take care of Calif., eventually.
                    Or maybe we can help it along ala Lex Luthor in the 1978 Superman film.

(I hope no one thinks I'm serious about the Lex Luthor bit)

Comment

True enough.. the US would be better if a a few other states leave as well, such as Washington, Oregon, NY to name a few.
                      How would the U.S. be better if these states ceceded?

Comment

Nah, Mother nature will take care of Calif., eventually.
                        Or maybe we can help it along ala Lex Luthor in the 1978 Superman film.

(I hope no one thinks I'm serious about the Lex Luthor bit)
                        More than likely, the entire Pacific Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          How would the U.S. be better if these states ceceded?
                          The lion's share of the area between the east and west coasts in this country is red-state territory, But the coast regions, California, Oregon and Washington on the west and NY/NJ/DC and others on the east are all very heavily blue-state territory.
                          The population density of the coastal regions is so high that they tend to steer the country as a whole to the left.

As you have no doubt noticed, I'm more of a red-state person, so from my POV, the US as a whole would be better off without those states.

Its a situation that is replayed at all levels. Within a state, urban areas dominate state politics, and there are mostly failing movements in several states to remove the populous urban area from the state, as they deny the more rural parts of a state their voice in how to run the state.

I'm just playing the same thing on a national level.

Comment

Universal suffrage, it's not like you fought a war to get it..........
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              Universal suffrage, it's not like you fought a war to get it..........
                              *burns US history book*

Everything you told me is a lie
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X