Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Stargate get a 3D Animated Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Stargate get a 3D Animated Series?

I was wondering if anyone wanted or was open to Stargate having an animated series. Not like Stargate Infinity but a 3D animated one during the early seasons of Stargate SG-1. I suppose it would be like Star Wars the Clone Wars in quality. Having it be set in the early years of the franchise can have it relive battles and events but in a more expanded format with new characters, but still have our favorites appear.

yes.... something like that would be amazing

even if its something that's set after sg1 finished its run or started before the end and carried on afterwards

Comment

The closest thing we have (right now) to a 3D animated series would be the Stargate SG-1: Unleashed IOS game, two episodes of it in fact.

If you haven't seen it already, I suggest watching it online.

it could be the kind of thing you are looking for

Comment

The reason I brought this up was that I am interested in animating a Stargate series, (free of course) and I was wondering if anyone was open to the idea as I don't want to spend years working on it to realize no one wanted it in the first place.

Comment

Well if you decide to go with it good luck! It sounds like a cool idea.

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in seeing something like that.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by RYPIRATE2000 View Post
              The reason I brought this up was that I am interested in animating a Stargate series, (free of course) and I was wondering if anyone was open to the idea as I don't want to spend years working on it to realize no one wanted it in the first place.
              Manage not to get shut down by MGM or get a "cease and desist" letter slapped on your series, and I'm game.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Somehow I feel like it would be missing the charm that made SG-1 (in particular) so endearing. I'd love to be wrong, though.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Somehow I feel like it would be missing the charm that made SG-1 (in particular) so endearing. I'd love to be wrong, though.
                  The charm brought by the actors or the charm by the tv-series?

Comment

I'd love to see an animated series in the style of Roughnecks, the Starship Troopers live action animated series that was aired many years ago.

I loved that show & the animation seemed really cutting edge at the time.

Comment

I wouldn't like to see an animated series like that, no for sure not. If at all then some series that does not look like it's made for kids, more something like the Final Fantasy XV movie, in that animation style, or even more realistic. Anything else, not for me

Comment

I'm not a fan of 3D animated series, i think 2D animated series would be better if it would be animated (sorry, i'm a 2D animator xD).

But i think a really good fan made content will be a puppet shortfilm or webseries, in reference to SG-1 S10E06 "200". Too hard to create, i know (i watched the backstage of that scene and was madness), or maybe a stopmotion simulating puppet, OR, a 3D simulating puppet? Maybe i'm too focused on that idea, hahah, my bad, i loved that scene.

I'd really like a 3D video game like the Mass Effect series. (I started to played Mass Effect because of Stargate)

Comment

Originally posted by Nozomi View Post
                          I'd really like a 3D video game like the Mass Effect series. (I started to played Mass Effect because of Stargate)
                          Same here. I found Mass Effect because I wanted a game as close to Stargate as possible, if we couldn't get an actual Stargate game.

As a matter of fact, as a student game artist and hobbyist game designer and developer, I've been working together with a group of other students and friends to develop a prototype for an indie third-person action/adventure RPG based on Stargate, after which we plan to pitch it to MGM. This is with me being an obsessive fan, and with our group being game developers looking for something we can develop professionally (not just as a fan-game).

Comment

Originally posted by Nozomi View Post
                            ...or maybe a stopmotion simulating puppet, OR, a 3D simulating puppet?
                            Oh yes... stopmotion animation... though that would be totally insane.
                            Nevertheless, wicked cool though.

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                            ...after which we plan to pitch it to MGM...
                            Why MGM? They aren't a game developing industry. They aren't going to be interested unless you have an established game developer on your side, which can pay the Stargate license fee.

Here you go -- an example of a VR developer getting investment money from MGM in 2016 so they are interested in the VR gaming business at least: VR firm Survios gets investment from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

And since, it could be of interest though I have no doubt you already know this: How to pitch your game to publishers

It does look like MGM has a subsidiary called MGM Interactive Inc, or it had, it's unclear. However, they do deal with interactive media (or did). In any case, the official webpage leads to mgm.com so it's difficult to say.

Nevertheless, I wish you good look with your development. Would love to hear your pitch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Why MGM? They aren't a game developing industry. They aren't going to be interested unless you have an established game developer on your side, which can pay the Stargate license fee.

Here you go -- an example of a VR developer getting investment money from MGM in 2016 so they are interested in the VR gaming business at least: VR firm Survios gets investment from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

And since, it could be of interest though I have no doubt you already know this: How to pitch your game to publishers

It does look like MGM has a subsidiary called MGM Interactive Inc, or it had, it's unclear. However, they do deal with interactive media (or did). In any case, the official webpage leads to mgm.com so it's difficult to say.

Nevertheless, I wish you good look with your development. Would love to hear your pitch though.
                              To clarify, I meant pitching for permission and maybe the license so we could do crowdfunding and even sell the game. Of course, that is just me being really optimistic. It's just that I together with my group wanted to develop our own indie game. Originally it was supposed to be completely original, but I got the Stargate fever again after the whole 20th anniversary thing, and as a way of breaking the "Egyptian curse" that plagues the video games, so I asked them if they would be okay, and they agreed. So we set up the whole thing as a pitch to MGM to be able to develop it with permission, and perhaps, once finished, sell it on Steam/GOG/Humble or whatnot (paying MGM the licensing fee of course). If not, we could easily strip out the Stargate references and continue with our own IP, which isn't all that different in terms of gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                              X