Conspiracy Theory!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conspiracy Theory!!

Anybody else notice that all the Stargate show Facebook pages changed there web address to a link to Amazon selling the DVDs of the individual shows? Here's my far stretched theories:

1) they are testing the waters for interest in Stargate for purposes of new content
    2) they are in negotiations with Amazon Prime for possible new series on that streaming service
    3) they are boosting Stargate revenue streams for the above items
    4) they are attempting to sell off inventory in preparation of selling the franchise

Some of those may intertwine and may not be exclusive of themselves. I realize it is probably nothing at all other than trying to sell more stuff but I can always hope right? What do you guys think?

Always hope for a new show...that retains the mythology of the TV series. I was never enchanted with the idea of a "reboot" film, but was willing to go with it if it was all I was going to get!!

Comment

I was the same way. Wasn't excited about the reboot but probably would have seen it anyway. Would love for a continuation of the TV series in any capacity. Just found the timing of the web address change interesting. Since the reboot films recently fell through, maybe MGM is trying to figure out what to do next and is testing the waters of the interest in the shows. It's probably nothing but I like to find reasons to get my hopes up.

Comment

Hi,

I find it interesting that no one can seem to accept that sometimes change is not a conspiracy.

I recall the profound wisdom of the "Wizard's First Rule" very true - People will believe anything if they are afraid it is true or want it to be true.

I believe this is what happened to the chicken little panic of "Global Warming."

Sometimes muddy waters lead to conspiracy but sometimes it is the result of something just happening.

Doug vV
        Last edited by edgarcorny; 26 March 2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarcorny View Post
          Hi,

I find it interesting that no one can seem to accept that sometimes change is not a conspiracy.

I recall the profound wisdom of the "Wizard's First Rule" very true - People will believe anything if they are afraid it is true or want it to be true.

I believe this is what happened to the chicken little panic of "Global Warming."

Sometimes muddy waters lead to conspiracy but sometimes it is the result of something just happening.

Doug vV
          Yes I believe you may be taking my "conspiracy theory" a little bit to literal. As previously stated, I understand they are just changing the address from a marketing perspective to sell more of the old DVD's. However, I found it an interesting talking point for discussion of new Stargate content, given that this is a Stargate discussion forum and all. I also have no idea what chickens and wizards have to do with the discussion.

Comment

Dredging this old thread up because I feel like I was on to something back then...oddly enough 4 months later a new Stargate initiative was announced. Sometimes conspiracy theories are real!!!!

Comment

Just saw this news: http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/starg...hise-expansion

Apparently fans are the strength behind it.

Comment

Working...
              X