Ortus Mallum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortus Mallum

When Teal'c woke up after being shot how did he know which direction to go? I mean think about it for a minute. He was the first to go down, he's probably still reeling in pain, and it's a big mountain. Morgan didn't come to his rescue till he collapsed just shy of the city. I know that jaffa are supposed to be good trackers, but there were no footprints to follow since they used ships to fly in. So how did he get down off that mountain?

And how long did he walk, no food, no water, and in pain??

Comment

Well, After picking up the resistance fighter they flew over to Ortus Mallum, & I suppose they would have seen the Ori base on their fly over. So Teal'c would have known the general direction to go when he woke up.
      But yes, he did seem to be walking a long way, and taking a long time to get there, so all that happened to Daniel & Vala should have been all over before Teal'c got there.
      We do not know how long it was before he woke up, but his symbiote would have done most of his healing while he was out.
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
        Well, After picking up the resistance fighter they flew over to Ortus Mallum, & I suppose they would have seen the Ori base on their fly over. So Teal'c would have known the general direction to go when he woke up.
        But yes, he did seem to be walking a long way, and taking a long time to get there, so all that happened to Daniel & Vala should have been all over before Teal'c got there.
        We do not know how long it was before he woke up, but his symbiote would have done most of his healing while he was out.
        He had no symbiote, he was on tretonnin at that point.

Comment

Which makes you wonder, how long vala, Tomin and Daniel were being tortured for!

Comment

I doubt very seriously that the City of the Gods was visible from space. There are very few wonders on Earth that are visible with the naked eye, so yeah....

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
              He had no symbiote, he was on tretonnin at that point.
              I thought the tretonnin didn't work for him and he went back to a symbiote. But I could be wrong.

I doubt very seriously that the City of the Gods was visible from space. There are very few wonders on Earth that are visible with the naked eye, so yeah....
              They were flying over Earth? I thought they went through a supergate & were in a completly different galaxy even.
              They would have been flying low enough to see everything, and why would the Ori hide anything? I would say that they were observed by the priors and that is how the people that attacked them found them.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I thought the tretonnin didn't work for him and he went back to a symbiote. But I could be wrong.
                Apparently you've overlooked or forgotten the 50 years he used tretonin on the Odyssey in Unending.

They were flying over Earth? I thought they went through a supergate & were in a completly different galaxy even. They would have been flying low enough to see everything, and why would the Ori hide anything? I would say that they were observed by the priors and that is how the people that attacked them found them.
                First of all, the Odyssey cloaked as soon as it exited hyperspace, and we know from The Shroud that not even a prior can detect a cloaked ship. Secondly, they was only close enough to the planet to beam down. Plus they beamed down on a mountain top, there would no reason for them to fly anywhere near the City of the Gods. Therefore I doubt there was anyway they could see it from orbit. Even if it was possible that they did see it, just for arguments sake, it's a big mountain, and things look very different on the ground than they do from the air. Also, they walked around for awhile looking for the arc. Not to mention Teal'c's injury, lack of instruments (did you see him ever pull out a compass?), and being disoriented after being shot. It's highly unlikely that he knew the direction to take to get down off that mountain and find Celestas.

Comment

It's called a plot hole, sheesh.
                  Alternatively, Morgan told him which way to go when she healed him, he was not disorientated, he knew exactly where to go.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    It's called a plot hole, sheesh.
                    Alternatively, Morgan told him which way to go when she healed him, he was not disorientated, he knew exactly where to go.
                    Yeah, like that really happened? Come on, she was waaaaaaay out on a limb healing him in the first place. The first rule of the Ancients is not to interfere in the lower plains. I'm actually surprised that she was actually allowed to "hitch" a ride on the Odyssey, if that's in fact how she arrived in the Ori galaxy in the first place. She may have been exiled for trying to help Daniel on Atlantis, but if they wanted to, they could've stopped her from going to the Ori galaxy in the first place. The whole thing seems very odd to me anyway. The Ancients knew about the existence of the Ori, because they fled the galaxy to get away from them. So why come the Ori didn't know about the Ancients. If the opening scene of TAoT is to be believed they were massing armies to wipe the Alterans out. It seems a bit odd they didn't know what happened when they suddenly vanished. Well, at that point they were still flesh, but when they ascended would they not have searched far and wide to find them? It is true that the galaxy is a big place, but they had millions of years to find them. Perhaps they actually did find them, actually. We do know that the Ancients in the MW were afflicted with a plague, possibly brought on by the Ori. So it's possible to guess that they believed the Ancients were wiped out, but they would've had to have known, or at least suspected, at least some ascended. So why didn't they invade our galaxy way back then? Just seems odd to me.
                    Last edited by Bhousden; 22 March 2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah, like that really happened?
                      You have no way to prove otherwise, otherwise you would not ask the question, would you?
                      SG-1/SGA/SGU have plot holes you could drive a truck through.
                      Come on, she was waaaaaaay out on a limb healing him in the first place. The first rule of the Ancients is not to interfere in the lower plains.
                      Yes, but they have proven to allow "certain actors" before, namely Oma and the lass in SGA.
                      I'm actually surprised that she was actually allowed to "hitch" a ride on the Odyssey, if that's in fact how she arrived in the Ori galaxy in the first place.
                      Why?
                      The Ori as a "union" are dead, you only have one Ori left, even if she inherited all their power.
                      She may have been exiled for trying to help Daniel on Atlantis, but if they wanted to, they could've stopped her from going to the Ori galaxy in the first place.
                      Perhaps even ascended beings have some notion of self protection?
                      They stopped Merlin after all, so it's not "out of character", nor did they interfere with Oma stopping Anubis.
                      The whole thing seems very odd to me anyway.
                      That's nice for you.
                      The Ancients knew about the existence of the Ori, because they fled the galaxy to get away from them. So why come the Ori didn't know about the Ancients.
                      They knew they existed, they did not know where they went?
                      If the opening scene of TAoT is to be believed they were massing armies to wipe the Alterans out. It seems a bit odd they didn't know what happened when they suddenly vanished.
                      Why?
                      They are "Faith Vs Tech", their followers had no clue where the flying light in the sky went, why should they?
                      Well, at that point they were still flesh, but when they ascended would they not have searched far and wide to find them?
                      Who says they did not?
                      It is true that the galaxy is a big place, but they had millions of years to find them. Perhaps they actually did find them, actually.
                      Err, because that's one thing they actually -did- say? the Ori had no Idea where the Alterans went?
                      We do know that the Ancients in the MW were afflicted with a plague, possibly brought on by the Ori. So it's possible to guess that they believed the Ancients were wiped out, but they would've had to have known, or at least suspected, at least some ascended. So why didn't they invade our galaxy way back then? Just seems odd to me.
                      None of the above is plausible at all. the Ori had no Idea where the Alterans went, so they could not start a plague, so the rest is untenable.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's very plausible that the plague that afflicted the Ancients came from the Ori, even Daniel implied as much. It certainly fits their MO, the planet Vala lorded over as Qatesh and Earth. Let's not forget the bugs in The Scourge. The Ori found everything that Alterans stood for an afront to them. The council that voted to leave the planet said as much in TAoT. They would've done everything in their to wipe them out.

Comment

It's very plausible that the plague that afflicted the Ancients came from the Ori, even Daniel implied as much. It certainly fits their MO, the planet Vala lorded over as Qatesh and Earth. Let's not forget the bugs in The Scourge. The Ori found everything that Alterans stood for an afront to them. The council that voted to leave the planet said as much in TAoT. They would've done everything in their to wipe them out.
                          They did not know about the milky way galaxy THEY said as much, who cares what Daniel supposes?
                          It is not plausible at all, no matter what other characters said, the Ori themselves said they had no idea where the Alterans went.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X