How to replace bad DVDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to replace bad DVDs?

So about 3 years ago I bought the complete SG1 series in the combined box set with the fancy Star Gate on the front. Since I had seen the series recently, I didn't bother to open it but just bought it to have in the future. Well the last couple of weeks I decided to re-watch the whole series. This was a brand new box in shrink wrap. The DVDs all look fine, but I've noticed that approximately every 4th disc has trouble being read. It may play 4/5 episodes just fine, but 1 episode is completely unplayable on 1 dvd player but may play with glitches on another machine.

My question is, is there any hope of getting a replacement for my series? If so, who would I contact? It's well past the return policy of the place I bought it but I feel like someone (MGM?) should own up to this and fix it for me or else I am out $100+.

For the record, the DVDs that glitch out will not play at all on my Sony Blu Ray player, will usually play with frames freezing on my XBox 360, and play the best on my computer. The Blu Ray player is brand new, less than a month old, so I was worried it might be bad as well, but the disc messes up int he XBox as well.

Each DVD was released individually before being released grouped as the season box set, so you could just look on ebay for the dodgy ones
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
      Each DVD was released individually before being released grouped as the season box set, so you could just look on ebay for the dodgy ones
      Well that would make me lose even more money. I would prefer my set to be replaced by the responsible party that made the DVDs.

Comment

I guess this was moved to a different forum, I apologize for not posting in the right location.

Anyone have any tips?

Comment

Working...
        X