No announcement yet.

Success of the comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm considering it "semi-canon" for now. If for some reason we actually get new Stargate content on TV/film and it takes a different direction, I wil consider that "canon." l

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      I tended to see people being dismissive of the tie-ins because they "weren't canon". People weren't interested in just having an experience, if it wasn't canon.

I picked up the first issue of Stargate Universe. I'm still a little disappointed that they didn't do a Kickstarter for it (mostly because I wanted to buy-in and get my likeness in the comic) but I really enjoyed it. Eager to see more and get the story momentum going.
      You are correct about that regarding the SGU comic. People really want the original crew on this project

Comment

It would be nice if the comic was what the original creators had planned but I don't believe it is. Anyone know when the next issue of the comic comes out?

Comment

Or if the people behind the comics would get access to original creators' notes and thoughts and their blessing to move the story forward. That one is at least more feasible and would solve any lingering issue of it being canon.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Honestly the quality of the SG:U comic beyond imagination. Silly story, hardly recognizeable characters, odd drawing. I have never ever read such a horrible comic like this. Sorry, gaters, but this new comic doesn't hit my minimal standard as SG merchandise product. It is a real shame that they let this rubbish even be printed. They completly destroyed my high hopes for a shiny comeback of SG:U.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the artwork because of the "likeness" of the characters or lack there of. The story was intriguing enough for me to buy the next issue though. Maybe I'm just really wanting more SGU so I'm willing to overlook the underwhelming content...

Comment

When is the next issue out?

Comment

Probably next month but AM aren't the most reliable when it comes to the releases.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                  X