X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Expanse' renewed for 13-episode Season 3

‘The Expanse’ Renewed for Season 3 at Syfy
    Oriana Schwindt

Syfy’s “The Expanse” has been renewed for season three, Variety has learned.

The sci-fi series will get another 13-episode season, to premiere in 2018. Season two, currently airing on Wednesdays on the NBCUniversal-owned cable net, has drawn reasonable critical praise, if not necessarily a massive linear audience. Its current season average is a 0.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 600,000 viewers in Nielsen’s Live+Same Day Ratings.

The story unfolds across a colonized galaxy 200 years in the future, when two strangers become unwittingly swept up in a vast conspiracy. Based on the New York Times bestselling book series collectively known as “The Expanse,” written by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey), “The Expanse” stars Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham and Frankie Adams.

“‘The Expanse’ is a gorgeous, thrilling, emotional series that has quite simply raised the bar for science fiction on television,” said Chris McCumber, president, entertainment networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “We, along with the fans, are looking forward to continuing the journey with our partners at Alcon Television Group and the series’ brilliant cast and crew.”

“The Expanse” hails from Alcon Television Group, a division of Alcon Entertainment. Screenwriting duo Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (“Children of Men,” “Iron Man”) serve as executive producers and showrunners, alongside Naren Shankar (“CSI,” “Farscape”).
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I might have to actually start watching this
    sigpic

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        I might have to actually start watching this
        Very worth it, but you have to watch all episodes in order, as they build up the story.
        "I swallowed a bug" River

Comment

The story unfolds across a colonized galaxy 200 years in the future,
          Actually, while story is in fact set 200 years in the future, it is set within the confines of our own solar system. The stars, at this point in the story line, are still well out the reach of humankind. Locales visited in our solar system include Ceres and Eros in the asteroid belt, Mars, Venus, Ganymede (largest moon of Jupiter), and in the very last scene in season two, Jupiter’s moon Io. Also referenced is Phoebe (outer moon of Saturn).

Later novels in the series do take us to other solar systems but that hasn’t taken place in the series yet.
          My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
            Later novels in the series do take us to other solar systems but that hasn’t taken place in the series yet.
            Curious above those other novels, and (depending on how much later they take place), but do we ever meet any actual aliens?
            sigpic

Comment

Depending upon your definition of alien, we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                Depending upon your definition of alien, we already have.
                That's not quite the alien definition I'm referring too. I think you already knew that though!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flash525 View Post
                  Curious above those other novels, and (depending on how much later they take place), but do we ever meet any actual aliens?
                  No races like Klingons or Andorians, if that's what you mean.
                  My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Finished session 2 last night in prep for new series really looking forward to this with the demise of dark matter nothing much left

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                      Actually, while story is in fact set 200 years in the future, it is set within the confines of our own solar system. The stars, at this point in the story line, are still well out the reach of humankind. Locales visited in our solar system include Ceres and Eros in the asteroid belt, Mars, Venus, Ganymede (largest moon of Jupiter), and in the very last scene in season two, Jupiter’s moon Io. Also referenced is Phoebe (outer moon of Saturn).

I didn’t write it, mate, that’s the article author.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                      X