No announcement yet.

Abra Kadabra (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be a nice view from your high horse? Linda. You seem to make a generalization. Barry didn't purposefully risk those lives with Flashpoint but even the best people are going to struggle with letting their loved ones die
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Flashpoint...that was a comic thing, wasn't it? It's my understanding that the comics aren't that much different than the show. I mean "Save the town or save your loved one" has always been a trope.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

It's nothing to do with being on a high horse. But would you destroy a whole town and everyone in it to save a loved one?

That's why humans should never have these kinds of powers. Humans are weak. Thankfully for us these things don't exist in real life. We're already destroying the planet with the things at our disposable as it is
        sigpic

Comment

Everything looks easier to say in hindsight
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            It's nothing to do with being on a high horse. But would you destroy a whole town and everyone in it to save a loved one?
            Not just no, but hell no. BUT i don't have a wife/kids. And there are some parents i know who would say "Hell yes, what ever i need to do to save XYZ is good"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Not just no, but hell no. BUT i don't have a wife/kids. And there are some parents i know who would say "Hell yes, what ever i need to do to save XYZ is good"

My philosophy is that you truly won't know until you are put into that situation.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

My philosophy is that you truly won't know until you are put into that situation.
                Too true. I knew one guy when i was stationed in Guam who kept on laughing at all the schmucks (his words) who broke into places for drugs (medicinal) for their kids, so bang off to jail they went after being caught finally. Making the financial woes that family were having even WORSE now..
                He kept saying "i will be damned if i ever got that way where i would willfully break the law for my kids sake and deprive him of a dad"..
                THen i heard 3 years later.. he's in jail, CAUSE he was breaking the law (speeding 95 on a 55 road, and blowing through light after light after stop sign etc, to get his kid to hospital, even though all he had was a 101 deg fever, which was just the common cold, nothing life threatening)...

Comment

PS there might have been something mroe to the story than just the speeding and blowing through lights that landed him in jail. But that's all i heard.

Comment

I've seen a few people reverse just like that...grant it in less extreme ways. One day they swear that they'll never ever ever get married and the next day I'm at their wedding type of thing.

I'd like to think that heroes would be heroes and sacrifice all of their own to save the day and never risk the day for the sake of their own. Buuuutttttt, let's be honest here. Would we do that? Would anyone? And as I mentioned, the comics do explore things like this. That's why I disagree with linda, the shows are just following in the comics' footsteps...although in very clumsy ways at times.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X