Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Abra Kadabra (318)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    ABRA KADABRA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 318
    When Gypsy arrives Barry learns that the villain who is stealing advanced technology from all over the city -- who calls himself Abra Kadabra -- is from the sixty-fourth century. And after their mutual enemy is apprehended, things are complicated when Abra Kadabra offers to trade Savitar's identity for his freedom. Meanwhile, Julian has Caitlyn's life in his hands after an explosion.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; March 28th, 2017 at 08:52 PM.

Default Re: Abra Kadabra (318)

I really enjoyed this episode I guess that's how killer frost gets loose. Gonna suck to have to wait till April 25th for the next episode tho. I was kinda hoping Barry would go to the 64th Century with kadabra. I'm not a huge fan of the actor they got to play kadabra he's been in a few things I've seen and I just really don't like him for some reason.

The entire episode I was like where is HR. I'm surprised that Cisco hasn't came up with something to shield Caitlin's heart so it doesn't freeze and she doesn't become evil when using her powers.
    Last edited by Jeffer; March 30th, 2017 at 06:59 AM.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Were the DC writers in LOTR mood this week? Another nice quote from Cisco, "You shall not pass!"

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode I guess that's how killer frost gets loose. Gonna suck to have to wait till April 25th for the next episode tho. I was kinda hoping Barry would go to the 64th Century with kadabra. I'm not a huge fan of the actor they got to play kadabra he's been in a few things I've seen and I just really don't like him for some reason.

The entire episode I was like where is HR. I'm surprised that Cisco hasn't came up with something to shield Caitlin's heart so it doesn't freeze and she doesn't become evil when using her powers.
    I loved Abra Kadambra.. My only gripe is if he was so far from the future, HOW did he say Barry was one of his biggest foes?? Wouldn't barry have been LONG dead by then?

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I loved Abra Kadambra.. My only gripe is if he was so far from the future, HOW did he say Barry was one of his biggest foes?? Wouldn't barry have been LONG dead by then?
    Depending on how much time traveling he's done he could have seen him.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

I liked the episode except for the stupid "We are going to show you Savitar's identity....NOT" thing. We already did this villain identity thing with Zoom. Why do we need to repeat that again? And we are 18 episodes in and still know very little about Savitar and his story. That's what's wrong with this season that I couldn't quite understand until now. We did two mystery identity seasons already, did we really need a third?

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    Depending on how much time traveling he's done he could have seen him.
    But if he's been time traveling a lot, why did he need all that tech to build a machine to get out of there?

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    But if he's been time traveling a lot, why did he need all that tech to build a machine to get out of there?
    Not sure maybe he broke his time machine when he got to our time. From what gypsy said it seems like he's been in this time for a while.

Major General

Also, how does he dimentionsally jump around?

Man, his powers really do only work when it's convenient for the story, huh?
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

I'm really starting to dislike team flash. They are supposed to be heroes protecting central city? Well start bloody acting like heroes. How many more people are they gonna risk to try protect Iris? Barry already screwed up the timeline because of his selfishness. Now Joe almost got Caitlyn killed. Now they turned her into the thing she hated the most. Heroes don't sacrifice people to save other people. They are far from being heroes

Major General

That's a valid point. They do seem to spend more time acting like bad guys all to protect one of their own..

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    I'm really starting to dislike team flash. They are supposed to be heroes protecting central city? Well start bloody acting like heroes. How many more people are they gonna risk to try protect Iris? Barry already screwed up the timeline because of his selfishness. Now Joe almost got Caitlyn killed. Now they turned her into the thing she hated the most. Heroes don't sacrifice people to save other people. They are far from being heroes
    It's called being human. Even good people will harm others to save loved ones according to history
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

One thing I also meant to mention was that this guy's performance and speech pattern reminded me a bit of Floki from Vikings. He seemed to be doing a vaguely similar "high pitched giddiness" type of thing when playing that character.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    It's called being human. Even good people will harm others to save loved ones according to history
    I generally agree here, although I couldn't help but notice over the season that Barry seems to often be seriously considering questionable actions that have provide little to no tangible benefit to saving Iris. I guess that sort of makes sense with him being in a desperate situation looking for any answers, but he he feels like he wants to change things just to prove he can change the future, then asking Iris to get a totally different haircut is can accomplish that better than letting a bad guy go.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

That's why they'll never really be heroes. They will risk everything and anyone to save the people they love, consequences be damned. Barry changing the timeline set in motion everything that happened since

It must be a nice view from your high horse? Linda. You seem to make a generalization. Barry didn't purposefully risk those lives with Flashpoint but even the best people are going to struggle with letting their loved ones die
    Jelgate is right

Flashpoint...that was a comic thing, wasn't it? It's my understanding that the comics aren't that much different than the show. I mean "Save the town or save your loved one" has always been a trope.

It's nothing to do with being on a high horse. But would you destroy a whole town and everyone in it to save a loved one?

That's why humans should never have these kinds of powers. Humans are weak. Thankfully for us these things don't exist in real life. We're already destroying the planet with the things at our disposable as it is

Everything looks easier to say in hindsight
    Jelgate is right

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    It's nothing to do with being on a high horse. But would you destroy a whole town and everyone in it to save a loved one?
    Not just no, but hell no. BUT i don't have a wife/kids. And there are some parents i know who would say "Hell yes, what ever i need to do to save XYZ is good"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast