• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distant Sun (217)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    DISTANT SUN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 217
    When a high-priced alien bounty is place on Supergirl's head National City is inundated with bounty hunters from across the galaxy, and Mon-El suspects his parents. Meanwhile, Alex and Maggie's relationship is complicated when they run into Maggie's ex-girlfriend.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 March 2017, 08:46 PM.

1: Too much relationship nonsense. It does provide additional time for trips to kitchen, at least.
    2: Did anybody really think Mon-El's evil mother folded that easy?

Comment

I haven't decided whether I want to watch this ep yet. I hate the Mon-El show and the sickening romance
      sigpic

Comment

Was there any advancement of the plot? If no, then i will skip this.. I have had enough of this soap lovefest crap.

Comment

I think enough other stuff happened that its worth watching. Just fast forward over the relationship crap as well as the commercials.

Linda, you had best turn your Mon-El filter on high.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I think enough other stuff happened that its worth watching. Just fast forward over the relationship crap as well as the commercials.

Linda, you had best turn your Mon-El filter on high.
            Yeah seen some of the screencaps. Where is that lead?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Was there any advancement of the plot? If no, then i will skip this.. I have had enough of this soap lovefest crap.
              I have a feeling this set the stage for the build to the end of the season.

Comment

Well that beginning scene was sickening. I'm tired of the Kara/Mon-El show.

I really don't understand why they are pushing the Kara/Mon-El relationship. It's bad and unhealthy. I'm not sure its a good idea to allow young girls to watch this show as they can be susceptible and thinking a relationship like this is normal can be a dangerous thing for kids. If I had kids I wouldn't want my kids to watch it, or at the very least explain to them that this type of relationship is unhealthy and potentially dangerous.

Does Maggie have a purpose other than being Alex's girlfriend?

Good grief Kara has become a shadow of her former self, it's sad really after the way she grew and evolved in season 1 only to regress in season 2.

I want Kara to get her show back where she was once the star of the show
                sigpic

Comment

Pushing? I think that is a hyperbole Linda
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Forcing it then Jel
                    sigpic

Comment

Still hyperbole
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

True though

Oh and it was nice to actually see Alex working at the DEO when Kara was in danger for a change
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Does Maggie have a purpose other than being Alex's girlfriend?
                          She has, she's a cop, she arrested Winn, she went to protect L-Corp when NotJ'onn attacked it, etc.
                          But not in this episode, it was about Mon-El not going away. A very sad episode.

And then Lois Lane killed Hercules.
                          sigpic

Comment

Maggie has done cop work on occasion since she got together with Alex but most of the time she's onscreen it seems to be relationship stuff other than cop stuff

Lois Lane killed Hercules. Bet you didn't think you'd ever write that
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Lois Lane killed Hercules. Bet you didn't think you'd ever write that
                              Never ever. But neither would have thought I'd see Superman being the stepfather of Supergirl, while being married to Supergirl... Wait, what?

(But Doctor Who fans know that David Tennant married Georgia Moffet, who's Peter Davison's daughter.)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X