Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to contact an author - Help me?

Hello everyone,

Before I explain what this thread is about, let me introduce myself. If you don't feel like reading eveything, read the first three sentences, then jump to the bold words at the end

Name's Oxy_Moron, long time SG1 fan but relatively new member of the fandom. You can find me on Twitter under the same handle.

I'm also a part-time fic author, I sometimes work on my own pieces but, more regularly, I translate other authors' fics. It usually starts as a game, translating a story that I feel will challenge both my understanding of the English language and my writing skills in my mother tongue. But I always end up posting the end result on FF.net. Of course, befoire doing so, I always try to gain authorisation from the original author, when I manage to track them down - yes it is as tedious as it sounds! But oh so necessary and important to me. When I am unable to contact the author, I usually post my work anyway, but I make a point of mentioning the name of the original author.

The fics I translate are usually found on FF but not the one I am currently working on.

I believe I found it on Jackfic, or maybe here. I honestly don't remember, but I do have the name of the author.

Which brings us to the matter of this thread:

I am looking for the author of "Lassoing Elephants", Charli Booker. Their email address was provided with the fic but the story is so old I assume the address is not relevant anymore. I also have in mind to translate several others of their fics, so being able to contact them would be fantastic!

So do you guys know who that wonderful author is?

Thanks a lot,
    Oxy'

https://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arc...elephants.html

It was on here.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Thank you Who Knows, but I know that the fic can be found here.

What I'm actually looking for is a way to contact Charli Booker - email, twitter... anything - so I can ask her/him if they are ok with me posting a translation of her/his story.

I hope someone will be able to help me with this!

Comment

I've been looking for a way to locate Charli Booker for about 7 years, without success. I think this is a woman, FYI. On the other hand, she worked a lot with Gallagater, and I think someone--ARGH! I've forgotten her handle--located Gallagater. I'll post again with the name of the person I've forgotten.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Ha! It was SF_and_Coffee (who, alas, is not much around these days).

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Thanks a million Seaboe. In a way I'm glad to see I'm not the only one looking to contact Charli Booker! I might try and see if I can locate her through SF_and_Coffee & Gallagater.

Or I might just go ahead and post the translation anyway (I'll make sure to give her the credit she deserve). It's not like I didn't try everything I could to locate her xD

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X