Duet (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    And with Felicity's new man being killed by oli, i don't see them too getting back together..

I also preferred Patty.. And really wish they could bring her back in.. AND KILL off iris!
    I think the problem with Iris is how they started it off with the whole "unrequited love" thing most commonly known as "friend zoning". That's what turned me off for the longest time with that pairing. But recently, I've started liking Iris now. I just wish they had her do more reporting, give her more agency of her own...which was another issue with early Iris.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

I actually liked her reporter thinggy in S1-through early S3.. Recently though it seems like that side of her is no more..

Comment

I actually liked her reporter thinggy in S1-through early S3.. Recently though it seems like that side of her is no more..

She's quickly slipping back to just being the girlfriend, and that's a problem. Like I mentioned in Supergirl, simply being the significant other while being a main character hurts a character and dilutes the story. You're either the boyfriend/girlfriend and nothing else. Or you're your own character with motives, job, and plot and the boyfriend/girlfriend. You can't pretend to be more than just the main character's date when that's all you are. Don't know if I'm making sense here >.>
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          I really didn't get why they needed the secret-kid-from-nowhere to break them up. It was so stupid it hurt. But at least Felicity was lucky enough to date a guy, so at least it wasn't a stray bullet. I mean... So gets shot and does not die. You know what I mean.
          Yeah a sudden kid thing was strange indeed, and a stupid way to go. That blasted stray bullet has a lot to answer for

And don't get me started on Barry/Iris. Zero chemistry. Patty was okay, too bad they couldn't keep the actress.
          I don't know why they kept going on with this unrequited love angle. I mean did anyone even care? I quite liked Patty

But I actually stopped watching both shows before they went unbelievable stupid with the convoluted relationship twists, the convoluted indestructible villain twists turned me off before that. It was just not fun watching "super heroes" having their asses handed to them week by week while almost defeating the indestructible super villain.
          I think Arrow has improved a bit since they cut back on the ridiculous romance nonsense. Now all we need is for The Flash and Supergirl to do the same

And with Felicity's new man being killed by oli, i don't see them too getting back together..

I also preferred Patty.. And really wish they could bring her back in.. AND KILL off iris!
          The Oliver/Felicity thing is done and dusted now. Too much water under the bridge

Iris is so annoying. She's pointless and unnessessary
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Iris is so annoying. She's pointless and unnessessary

Here's the problem, that's like calling Lois Lane pointless and unnecessary. Iris is Barry Allen's one true love, she's "the one". They just need to write her better. For a little bit they were doing just that. They can go back to a more interesting Iris, they just need to realize what they are doing wrong.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

I think you're seriously being premature if you think Oliver and Felicity are never getting back together.

Anyway, I was never the biggest fan of the cartoon in question but this episode did make me want to go back and listen/watch to the original Music Miester songs.

"First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Here's the problem, that's like calling Lois Lane pointless and unnecessary.
                *cough*Lana Lang*cough*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Yeah a sudden kid thing was strange indeed, and a stupid way to go. That blasted stray bullet has a lot to answer for
                  The kid thing was built up for two seasons in Arrow. That being said, last season was rough because they treated it like a romance show with an action subplot instead of the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                    The kid thing was built up for two seasons in Arrow.
                    Really? Then I really didn't pay enough attention. To me it was like Oliver is in the crossover episode, bye Barry! Oh, who's that ex there? Hello Mini-me!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                      Really? Then I really didn't pay enough attention. To me it was like Oliver is in the crossover episode, bye Barry! Oh, who's that ex there? Hello Mini-me!
                      The episode where Moira died toward the end of Season 2 had flashbacks involving Oliver learning that the mother was pregnant and Moira paying her a couple million dollars to tell Oliver that she miscarried and move away. Then in the Season 1(F)/Season 3(A) crossover with Flash, Oliver ran into her at Jitters and after he left, she called her son saying she was on her way home.

Comment

Huh, I must have zoned out on that cause I couldn't remember it
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X