• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duet (317)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    DUET
    EPISODE NUMBER - 317
    After Supergirl's friends bring her to Earth-1 in a coma, Barry soon finds himself whammied by the same villain -- who puts the two heroes into a musical fantasy where the only way to escape is to sing and dance their way to the end of the script.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 March 2017, 09:19 PM.

That was a pretty fun Episode. Only thing that angerd me was the back and forth with the ring. So Iris´s rejecting it at first was pointless.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

What back and fourth with the ring.. But i agree, that was a funny as hell episode. I loved the 'duet-turned-trio between barrowman, martin and Garber. I knew some of them could sing, but i was also wowed by Winn and Cisco!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        What back and fourth with the ring.. But i agree, that was a funny as hell episode. I loved the 'duet-turned-trio between barrowman, martin and Garber. I knew some of them could sing, but i was also wowed by Winn and Cisco!!
        With back and forth I mean Iris rejecting the Ring and blowing it up saying, that their relationship will forever be tainted. 2 Episodes later she is fully okay with it again. That back and forth.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Why did I have to watch this ep? I have to go bleach my brain now
          sigpic

Comment

OMFG! This was bad. And I don't mean the singing and the fun in the "virtual" reality! I mean the all relationship cramming down throats stuff. Well, Flash's been always bad in this particular area, but now they have multiplied the worst of Supergirl with the worst of Flash. Why exactly?
            sigpic

Comment

True the pushing of "Love conquors all" crap was way too overt. BUT I actually loved the singing.

Comment

BUT I actually loved the singing.
                And that's YouTube clips are for. I'm actually listening to them at the moment. They are freakishly talented. Really. But the episode, as an episode, was still a disaster.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                  OMFG! This was bad. And I don't mean the singing and the fun in the "virtual" reality! I mean the all relationship cramming down throats stuff. Well, Flash's been always bad in this particular area, but now they have multiplied the worst of Supergirl with the worst of Flash. Why exactly?
                  The worst of both worlds. I wanted to throw up.
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Glee or of Broadway musicals, which is apparently who this episode is very specifically aimed at, but I really did not like this episode. Then again, this just made me wish I was watching Mayham of the Music Miester instead.

That was actually a way cooler depiction and set of songs. The plot and character behavior made no sense here, even within the context of being trapped in a shared dream about being characters in a musical. I guess the original appearance of the Music Miester didn't make much sense either, but at least that sort of fit with the tone of the show it was a part of.

I also really hated what they did with the Music Miester here. He knows everything about them, seems nearly omnipotent, but he is never explained. So I guess, he's just supposedly... God or something? He seemed so annoying. And the fact that he gets no comeuppance in this story was even more irritating to me.

I mean this version doesn't even make sense. His power isn't even necessarily about music. And "The Music Miester" isn't even a name he gave himself. It's just what Barry called him, but then they just all assume it's his name.

Were we supposed to buy that they feel grateful to him for "teaching them a lesson?" He deliberately nearly got them killed. And that cheesy ending, my God. Flash has always been a pretty cheesy show, and Supergirl even more so, but this was above and beyond either of them. It's like they felt they needed to combine the cheesiness of both together for this crossover.

That ending had more cheese than the "Cheese Roll Call."

EDIT: Oh and before I forget, what was the deal with Barry talking crap about Superman? Superman's someone who he has never met. That really made him seem like a jerk. I didn't see the two episodes of Supergirl with Clark in them, but does Kara really resent him that much?
                    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 22 March 2017, 10:31 PM.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Funny, maybe its cause i liked glee, even with its hamfisted pushing of the pro LGBTQURS agenda, that i enjoyed this ep.

Comment

i liked glee, even with its hamfisted pushing of the pro LGBTQURS agenda
                        You see, that's how it starts. Then in no time someone receives its toaster.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Glee or of Broadway musicals, which is apparently who this episode is very specifically aimed at, but I really did not like this episode. Then again, this just made me wish I was watching Mayham of the Music Miester instead.

That was actually a way cooler depiction and set of songs. The plot and character behavior made no sense here, even within the context of being trapped in a shared dream about being characters in a musical. I guess the original appearance of the Music Miester didn't make much sense either, but at least that sort of fit with the tone of the show it was a part of.

I also really hated what they did with the Music Miester here. He knows everything about them, seems nearly omnipotent, but he is never explained. So I guess, he's just supposedly... God or something? He seemed so annoying. And the fact that he gets no comeuppance in this story was even more irritating to me.

I mean this version doesn't even make sense. His power isn't even necessarily about music. And "The Music Miester" isn't even a name he gave himself. It's just what Barry called him, but then they just all assume it's his name.

Were we supposed to buy that they feel grateful to him for "teaching them a lesson?" He deliberately nearly got them killed. And that cheesy ending, my God. Flash has always been a pretty cheesy show, and Supergirl even more so, but this was above and beyond either of them. It's like they felt they needed to combine the cheesiness of both together for this crossover.

That ending had more cheese than the "Cheese Roll Call."

EDIT: Oh and before I forget, what was the deal with Barry talking crap about Superman? Superman's someone who he has never met. That really made him seem like a jerk. I didn't see the two episodes of Supergirl with Clark in them, but does Kara really resent him that much?
                          I have to say this reminded me of Buffy "Once more with feeling". Only that I enjoyed the Songs in the Buffy Episode.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                            You see, that's how it starts. Then in no time someone receives its toaster.
                            "Ellen" reference?
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              "Ellen" reference?
                              Well, she made it famous. But it's much much older than that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X