Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Duet (317)

  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,108

    Post Duet (317)

    Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    DUET
    EPISODE NUMBER - 317
    After Supergirl's friends bring her to Earth-1 in a coma, Barry soon finds himself whammied by the same villain -- who puts the two heroes into a musical fantasy where the only way to escape is to sing and dance their way to the end of the script.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; March 22nd, 2017 at 09:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    That was a pretty fun Episode. Only thing that angerd me was the back and forth with the ring. So Irisīs rejecting it at first was pointless.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  3. #3
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    What back and fourth with the ring.. But i agree, that was a funny as hell episode. I loved the 'duet-turned-trio between barrowman, martin and Garber. I knew some of them could sing, but i was also wowed by Winn and Cisco!!

  4. #4
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    What back and fourth with the ring.. But i agree, that was a funny as hell episode. I loved the 'duet-turned-trio between barrowman, martin and Garber. I knew some of them could sing, but i was also wowed by Winn and Cisco!!
    With back and forth I mean Iris rejecting the Ring and blowing it up saying, that their relationship will forever be tainted. 2 Episodes later she is fully okay with it again. That back and forth.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  5. #5
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Why did I have to watch this ep? I have to go bleach my brain now


  6. #6
    First Lieutenant pjt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    OMFG! This was bad. And I don't mean the singing and the fun in the "virtual" reality! I mean the all relationship cramming down throats stuff. Well, Flash's been always bad in this particular area, but now they have multiplied the worst of Supergirl with the worst of Flash. Why exactly?

  7. #7
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    True the pushing of "Love conquors all" crap was way too overt. BUT I actually loved the singing.

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant pjt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    BUT I actually loved the singing.
    And that's YouTube clips are for. I'm actually listening to them at the moment. They are freakishly talented. Really. But the episode, as an episode, was still a disaster.

  9. #9
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Quote Originally Posted by pjt View Post
    OMFG! This was bad. And I don't mean the singing and the fun in the "virtual" reality! I mean the all relationship cramming down throats stuff. Well, Flash's been always bad in this particular area, but now they have multiplied the worst of Supergirl with the worst of Flash. Why exactly?
    The worst of both worlds. I wanted to throw up.


  10. #10
    Major Infinite-Possibilities's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Glee or of Broadway musicals, which is apparently who this episode is very specifically aimed at, but I really did not like this episode. Then again, this just made me wish I was watching Mayham of the Music Miester instead.

    That was actually a way cooler depiction and set of songs. The plot and character behavior made no sense here, even within the context of being trapped in a shared dream about being characters in a musical. I guess the original appearance of the Music Miester didn't make much sense either, but at least that sort of fit with the tone of the show it was a part of.

    I also really hated what they did with the Music Miester here. He knows everything about them, seems nearly omnipotent, but he is never explained. So I guess, he's just supposedly... God or something? He seemed so annoying. And the fact that he gets no comeuppance in this story was even more irritating to me.

    I mean this version doesn't even make sense. His power isn't even necessarily about music. And "The Music Miester" isn't even a name he gave himself. It's just what Barry called him, but then they just all assume it's his name.

    Were we supposed to buy that they feel grateful to him for "teaching them a lesson?" He deliberately nearly got them killed. And that cheesy ending, my God. Flash has always been a pretty cheesy show, and Supergirl even more so, but this was above and beyond either of them. It's like they felt they needed to combine the cheesiness of both together for this crossover.

    That ending had more cheese than the "Cheese Roll Call."

    EDIT: Oh and before I forget, what was the deal with Barry talking crap about Superman? Superman's someone who he has never met. That really made him seem like a jerk. I didn't see the two episodes of Supergirl with Clark in them, but does Kara really resent him that much?
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; March 22nd, 2017 at 10:31 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

    *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

    "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

    "Elizabeth..."

  11. #11
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Funny, maybe its cause i liked glee, even with its hamfisted pushing of the pro LGBTQURS agenda, that i enjoyed this ep.

  12. #12
    First Lieutenant pjt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    i liked glee, even with its hamfisted pushing of the pro LGBTQURS agenda
    You see, that's how it starts. Then in no time someone receives its toaster.

  13. #13
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Glee or of Broadway musicals, which is apparently who this episode is very specifically aimed at, but I really did not like this episode. Then again, this just made me wish I was watching Mayham of the Music Miester instead.

    That was actually a way cooler depiction and set of songs. The plot and character behavior made no sense here, even within the context of being trapped in a shared dream about being characters in a musical. I guess the original appearance of the Music Miester didn't make much sense either, but at least that sort of fit with the tone of the show it was a part of.

    I also really hated what they did with the Music Miester here. He knows everything about them, seems nearly omnipotent, but he is never explained. So I guess, he's just supposedly... God or something? He seemed so annoying. And the fact that he gets no comeuppance in this story was even more irritating to me.

    I mean this version doesn't even make sense. His power isn't even necessarily about music. And "The Music Miester" isn't even a name he gave himself. It's just what Barry called him, but then they just all assume it's his name.

    Were we supposed to buy that they feel grateful to him for "teaching them a lesson?" He deliberately nearly got them killed. And that cheesy ending, my God. Flash has always been a pretty cheesy show, and Supergirl even more so, but this was above and beyond either of them. It's like they felt they needed to combine the cheesiness of both together for this crossover.

    That ending had more cheese than the "Cheese Roll Call."

    EDIT: Oh and before I forget, what was the deal with Barry talking crap about Superman? Superman's someone who he has never met. That really made him seem like a jerk. I didn't see the two episodes of Supergirl with Clark in them, but does Kara really resent him that much?
    I have to say this reminded me of Buffy "Once more with feeling". Only that I enjoyed the Songs in the Buffy Episode.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  14. #14
    Major Infinite-Possibilities's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Quote Originally Posted by pjt View Post
    You see, that's how it starts. Then in no time someone receives its toaster.
    "Ellen" reference?
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

    *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

    "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

    "Elizabeth..."

  15. #15
    First Lieutenant pjt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    "Ellen" reference?
    Well, she made it famous. But it's much much older than that.

  16. #16
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,225

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    I was on the fence about this episode, but I think it worked out pretty well. I don't mind the Music Meister's nonesense. They could have done a bit better job fleshing out the mystery behind him into a Q-like vibe. But beyond that, it was a very fun episode to watch.

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant pjt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    I loved the music part, and the virtual reality part too. It was the "love conquers all" part I didn't buy. "If you don't love your lying ass of a partner back, then you must die!" (Or in case of Iris, holding a grudge is lethal)

  18. #18
    Captain Jeffer's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Location
    The Ancient Napkin Despenser Planet
    Posts
    1,007

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    This episode was pretty lame. However I don't watch supergirl and didn't know Jon jonzz was on it so seeing him was awesome.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

  19. #19
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    I loved watching the reactions of team flash when jon 'morphed!

  20. #20
    Chief Master Sergeant Booklover's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Duet (317)

    I enjoyed the singing and the dancing parts since I really like musicals. Barry was surprising good. I got to see Victor Garber in Damn Yankees so it was especially fun watching him here. It brought back good memories of seeing him perform in person.

    As for the "romance" part of the episode: It was lame and pretty stupid. When Barry proposed to Iris again, she was all surprised and excited as if it were the first time it happened. Give me a break.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Duet (204)
    By GateWorld in forum Atlantis Season 2
    Replies: 456
    Last Post: November 27th, 2017, 05:15 PM
  2. Comedy Duet
    By Ikaros in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: September 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
  3. Duet Question??
    By Master_Bray'Paul in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 15th, 2005, 04:31 PM
  4. Who wants to see Cadman again (Duet Spoilers)
    By Qasim in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: August 10th, 2005, 09:40 AM
  5. Intruder and Duet
    By Shah90 in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 6th, 2005, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •