The sarcophagus in theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sarcophagus in theory?

If a Goa'uld System Lord switches Human hosts every 400 years and only uses the sarcophagus to heal from fatal wounds and to be resurrected if their killed then that Goa'uld System Lord can live indefinitely and will never suffer from the negative side effects and eventual senility/ inability to take a new host as seen with Lord Yu right?

I doubt that....

Comment

Ok would you care to elaborate on why you doubt my theory...

Comment

Well consider the guy in Need. He wasn't a goa'uld, but was still a few hundred years old, he used the sarcophagus to extend his life, and as a result he was a few cards short of a full deck. The sarcophagus will make anybody or anything that uses it crazy, senile, and all the fun stuff eventually, regardless.

Comment

That's my point, in the episode " Need " the old Man was using the sarcophagus everyday, my question was if the Goa'uld System Lord DIDN'T use the sarcophagus at all? He/ she would switch Human hosts every 400 years and would only use the sarcophagus if he/ she was fatally wounded or was killed and placed in the sarcophagus, that Goa'uld System Lord wouldn't suffer the negative side effects and eventual senility and inability to take a new host as seen with Lord Yu...

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            That's my point, in the episode " Need " the old Man was using the sarcophagus everyday, my question was if the Goa'uld System Lord DIDN'T use the sarcophagus at all? He/ she would switch Human hosts every 400 years and would only use the sarcophagus if he/ she was fatally wounded or was killed and placed in the sarcophagus, that Goa'uld System Lord wouldn't suffer the negative side effects and eventual senility and inability to take a new host as seen with Lord Yu...
            We don't know that the old man used the thing in the beginning, just like his daughter hadn't used it hardly at all. He probably only used it when he was sick. Then as he got older he needed it more and more, but there's no evidence he was using it every day from the very beginning.

Comment

No, the old Man said that he used it everyday, his Daughter was using it everyday also but because she born recently { she was in her twenties } she didn't need it to extend her life. Like I said, as seen with Apophis who aged rapidly and died the sarcophagus not only resurrected him but also rejuvenated him, so if the old Man was placed in the sarcophagus after he died he would have been resurrected and rejuvenated. As I said in another post on this site Daniel either didn't know or he knew that the sarcophagus could resurrect the old Man but didn't say anything so he could keep the sarcophagus to himself. But the point I was trying to make is if a Goa'uld System Lord had a sarcophagus but never used it, instead he/ she switched Human hosts every 400 years just like Seth did, he/ she wouldn't suffer the negative side effects that we saw happen to Lord Yu, the only times that Goa'uld System Lord would use his/ her sarcophagus is when he/ she is fatally wounded or was killed and placed in his/ her sarcophagus.

Comment

Plus think about your statement, Daniel used the sarcophagus a few times and got addicted and wanted to use it everyday so how could the old Man who had the sarcophagus for 700 years not get addicted and use it everyday?

Comment

Working...
                X