• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seventh Man (207)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE EXPANSE - SEASON TWO
    THE SEVENTH MAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    Bobbie struggles to recover following the incident on Ganymede, which Earth and Mars blame on each other. The U.N. calls for peace talks on Earth, but when Anderson Dawes arrives on Tycho Holden and Johnson find it difficult to hold the Belters' loyalty.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 April 2017, 08:40 PM.

I liked that they actually used the opening theme for this episode. The opening scene on Ganymede with the blood snowflakes was eerily pretty. I kind of loved Holden during this ep, he seemed to really take charge. I really liked him speaking his mind during that OPA meeting and his conversation with Anderson Dawes later on. I also loved that he seemed willing to kill Cortazar so that whatever info he had on the protomolecule couldn't be used against anyone. Loved the parts with Bobbie trying to remember what happened on Ganymede and how she didn't want to tell the bs story at the summit.
    sigpic

Comment

We know one person in the solar system who isn't going to buy her bull**** no matter how hard she tries to sell it, Avasarala. Wonder what she going to try and do to get a one on one meeting with bobby to convince her to tell her truth to the UN and her own government.

Holden turned into a bit of a hypocrite this episode, wasn't that long ago he threw a tantrum because Miller killed a scientist to stop him from sharing his knowledge with Fred fraction of the OPA.

Wonder what Amos is up to, him being assaulted by the boy trying to defend his mum seem to have change him.
      Last edited by knowles2; 10 March 2017, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping that Bobbie doesn't try too hard to sell the story and that Avasarala realizes right away that it's bs. I also hope Avasarala figures out what's been going on and learns about the protomolecule soon.

I liked that Holden seemed to want to kill Cortazar like Miller killed that other scientist, because it was after Dawes insinuated that he was becoming like Miller "but without the hat" (or something like that). I think Holden came to realize that Miller was right in doing what he did; that he had a good reason for killing that guy.

I'm looking forward to finding out what happened with Amos after that encounter with that boy and his mother and his talk with the scientist.
        sigpic

Comment

Was it just me thinking at least some Martians in the upper positions know something about what really happened on Ganymede? AKA they believed Draper and are now trying to bury the knowledge?

Comment

That was the impression that I got as well. Though it might have been out of concern for her health, the Chaplin seemed to rather quickly stop the interview once she mentioned that the seventh man had no suit on or whatever. That might have been done on purpose though, to throw some suspicion onto him. But between that, and drone that Bobbie saw that no one seems to know anything about, it does seem like someone higher up knows what really happened on Ganymede and wants to cover it up. Though right now, I think that the people that know what really happened might not be the same people that came up with the Mars shot first story, since they seemed to want war.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
              Was it just me thinking at least some Martians in the upper positions know something about what really happened on Ganymede? AKA they believed Draper and are now trying to bury the knowledge?
              No I felt that way, too. There was something "off" to me about the whole thing when they interviewed her including with the Chaplain.

Comment

I don't really suspect the captain/chaplain of being member of some group that organised/took part in the Ganymede incident. Simply that some part of the Martian navy has some insight we viewers didn't know about (maybe they detected some unknown activity in the system - investigated). And they don't want to make whatever they know public just yet. Therefore they prefer blaming their own forces ror starting the shootout on Ganymede.

Comment

Working...
                X