Thread: Into the Speed Force (316)

Post Into the Speed Force (316)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    INTO THE SPEED FORCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316
    Barry risks his life to re-enter the Speed Force in the hopes of rescuing Wally from his prison, but must get past a host of faces from his past -- and make a great sacrifice. On Earth, Jesse defies H.R. in her determination to track down Savitar on her own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; March 15th, 2017 at 08:50 PM.

Default Re: Into the Speed Force (316)

Nice ep. Loved how the Speed force was taunting Barry like that.. BUT that whole prison. Man was it just imo Bleh...

Also loved the bonding momemnt between HR and Jesse...

Good episode. Barry just doesn't get it keeps making the same mistakes he always has.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Agreed.. Finally he's seeing repercussions from his acts he CAN'T just fix easily.

I really liked this episode for the most part. I liked seeing Eddie, Ronnie and Snart again, even if they were just a way for the speed force to talk to Barry. I wish Jesse could've stuck around for longer, I like her and she makes me like Wally more. I really didn't care for the Barry/Iris stuff, I don't care if they're "meant to be" or whatever, I'm just finding them annoying right now. I think I wouldn't mind them as much if I actually found Iris interesting, but I don't, I feel like she has no real purpose right now other than to be the damsel in distress love interest (and that's just not interesting to me).

One thing someone pointed out elsewhere.. Barry IS A forensics scientist, isn't he? SO SHOULDN'T that mean he's smart?

THEN WHy has he been portrayed as being dumber and dumber as the show goes on (it seems at least)??

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    One thing someone pointed out elsewhere.. Barry IS A forensics scientist, isn't he? SO SHOULDN'T that mean he's smart?

THEN WHy has he been portrayed as being dumber and dumber as the show goes on (it seems at least)??
    It's the same as they change Barry's speed every episode. Like a few episodes ago he couldn't stop Joe from firing that bullet but can move at about double the speed of said bullet
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    It's the same as they change Barry's speed every episode. Like a few episodes ago he couldn't stop Joe from firing that bullet but can move at about double the speed of said bullet
    Barry's speed is equal to the plot device needed per week
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet

Captain

Anybody else get the feeling that they might actually off Iris for real? After all as pointed out she's only a plot point now, and doesn't Barry marry someone else in the comics? (I know they don't strictly follow the comics).

I wouldn't be shocked to see them do so..

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    Anybody else get the feeling that they might actually off Iris for real? After all as pointed out she's only a plot point now, and doesn't Barry marry someone else in the comics? (I know they don't strictly follow the comics).
    I read some interesting theories I put them in tags incase you don't wanna hear them.
    Spoiler:
    it's not iris is H.R. using the face changing thing. Barry doesn't know so that his reaction is genuine.

Barry goes and enlists his future self which is why he is missing in the future.

Savitar kills everyone except for Wally who never went into battle. Just as Savitar is about to kill Barry Wally shows up and runs back in time to before the battle and tells them everything that is going to happen.

I'd be really surprised if they actually ended up killing Iris. It would be interesting I guess, mainly because I'd want to see Barry actually not go back and try to "fix" things (I know he wouldn't do it for Dante, but I have a hard time believing he wouldn't do it for Iris). And I can't see Wally not trying.

How much abuse can Barry take? He has already lost both his parents. It only takes so much pain for a man to crack

That's the main reason I really doubt they'd kill Iris, it might be too much for Barry to realistically bear; unless they a want constantly depressed or unstable Barry for some reason, which wouldn't really be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I'd be really surprised if they actually ended up killing Iris. It would be interesting I guess, mainly because I'd want to see Barry actually not go back and try to "fix" things (I know he wouldn't do it for Dante, but I have a hard time believing he wouldn't do it for Iris). And I can't see Wally not trying.
    What you mean make yet another flashpoint?? I can honestly see if they DO that, the speed force might just strip him of power.. By sending one of those black goon thinggies after Thawne, to hunt barry down...

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    What you mean make yet another flashpoint?? I can honestly see if they DO that, the speed force might just strip him of power.. By sending one of those black goon thinggies after Thawne, to hunt barry down...
    I hope Barry wouldn't but I can see him wanting to do it for Iris (and if he did I would hope the speed force would strip him of his power or something, at least temporarily). I can really see Wally creating his own Flashpoint to try to undo Iris' death if she does die. It might be kind of interesting if Iris does die and Wally wants to go back and undo/redo things, but Barry, having learned his lesson, wants to stop him.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    I read some interesting theories I put them in tags incase you don't wanna hear them.
    Spoiler:
    it's not iris is H.R. using the face changing thing. Barry doesn't know so that his reaction is genuine.

Barry goes and enlists his future self which is why he is missing in the future.

Savitar kills everyone except for Wally who never went into battle. Just as Savitar is about to kill Barry Wally shows up and runs back in time to before the battle and tells them everything that is going to happen.
    Ohhhh