Here's an interesting question for y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an interesting question for y'all

When Sam activated the time dilation field around Odyssey in Unending she said "while time appears to be moving at a normal rate to us, mere seconds will pass outside the field." That being said, and given that they were in the field for like 50 years or so, how much "real" time actually passed? I'm gonna guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 to 12 hours. Also, what do you suppose the prior and the ori soldiers were doing on the ship as they were waiting for the Odyssey to blow up and never did, must've driven them mad, lol.

I think in 6-12 hours the Ori beam would have hit them...........
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      I think in 6-12 hours the Ori beam would have hit them...........
      Ok, but you didn't the answer the question. How much time do you think actually passed? And what were the Ori doing during that time?

Comment

A couple seconds or less...otherwise the beam would have blown them away. The Ori weren't inside the time dilation field so they were still in "normal time" and didn't realize what happened. I believe that is right, it's been a bit since I've seen the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
          Ok, but you didn't the answer the question. How much time do you think actually passed? And what were the Ori doing during that time?
          1 second at most, which makes wondering what they were doing pretty moot.
          On screen, it tends to take about 1.5 seconds from beam launch to hit the target, and as soon as Sam stopped the field, it took what, .3 of a second for it to hit.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Barely a second passed in the real world, otherwise the beam would've hit them. Think about it. If 6 - 12 hours really did pass, wouldn't the beam have already gone through the ship?

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I agree with Stargate Millenium. The field saved SG-1. But in those few seconds, they lived out... like... 50 years on that ship. Teal'c is even self-obligated NOT to tell anyone what went on while they were stuck in the field. I bet that Vala is still giving the man a hard time persuing him to tell her what happened whenever they meet (if we take into consideration that SG-1 has disbanded for the last time after the events in the two TV movies). He must be going crazy by now...

Comment

Working...
              X