Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farstrider's beef with Atlantis and other minutiae.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farstrider's beef with Atlantis and other minutiae.

Warning of spoilers! Beware! DANGER! CAUTION! ENTER AT OWN RISK! HAZARDOUS MATERIALS INSIDE! HIGH VOLTAGE! ROCKSLIDE AHEAD! DEER CROSSING! FLOOR SLIPPERY WHEN WET! PRIVATE PROPERTY! I HAVE SEVERAL LARGE HOUNDS! GET OUT OF MY YARD YOU PUNK!

Always from the beginning of Atlantis I felt there was something wrong, but I could never put my finger on it until recently. I realized that there are no characters, major or minor, on the show who look more than 30 years old. In SG1 we had General Hammond, O'Neill, Senator Kinsey, Bra'tac, Samantha's father, and so on. The first time we see someone who looks old in Atlantis is the 10,028 year old near dead...well you know who. Maybe it's a frivolous concern, but i'm telling you, I got bad flashbacks to Dawson's Creek when Sheppard kissed that Ancient priestess. It gave me hot flashes! Let's see at least one permanent character with age and experience! NOW! Okay i'll calm down.

Also, I had disregarded most of the episodes of SG1 since the implementation of letterboxing as generally of lower standard than previous installments. However the recent episode where Daniel and the rest set off to Atlantis on Promethius was excellent in my opinion. I hadn't laughed so much since Window Of Opportunity, and twice as hard this go-round. The looks on Daniel's face when Vala is messing with him are priceless at least. And I think i'll add the Han Solo line to my signature. Of course i'm a sucker for comedy so beware of bias. Magnificent. Well okay, the one problem I have is the frailty of Prometheus. If what, 3 deathgliders can put it down for the count that easily, I don't see what help Prometheus will provide against the Wraith.

What else...ah yes...Atlantis' Before I Sleep almost broke my brain when I tried to figure out how many time-related plot holes there were due to the overwhelming amount of such holes. Oh well. Still, it was a neat episode, and that Ancient woman with the straight black hair was hot. I have another paragraph in my head just about her, but this site is rated G for Goodness.

And if you read that your head might hurt almost as much as mine.
Working...
X