Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 miniseries my attempt.

Hi,

I asked about who you might want as a guest star living or dead on another thread. One response was who would John Wayne play.

Well, that's been tickling my mind.

I've written three "for dummies" type books for outdoor model railroaders. They can machine wonderful pieces of machinery but run them a poor track since they do not know how to do it "right" - civil engineering.

I have written one book on the history of the Gainesville Midland Railroad but I've never seriously tried fiction.

So here's my attempt at writing an SG1 with John "Duke" Wayne. I think I've got a couple of interesting ideas to present but the fiction writing will probably be not too good.
    Last edited by edgarcorny; 24 February 2017, 05:56 AM.

Hi,

I had forgotten to listen to my writing. I found a good way of finding errors is to listen to your manuscript. When you read your own writing, you frequently read what you expect and not what is.

What I do is close my eyes and have the computer read my written text to me. When something does not sound right, I look and find the error and correct it as needed.

Sorry about the errors in the posted text.

When I complete Act 1, I'll repost all with corrections.

Doug vV

Comment

SG1 meets Wayne and Cage

Teaser

An unknown space ship of unknown design hits an asteroid. The pilot grabs the yoke and yell's “Cage! Get that ventral tied down.”

Cage: “On it Duke.”

The oddly looking craft was a polygon in shape with the 3-dimensional cross section changing while the craft rotated in the fourth dimension. At once it looks like a dodecahedron and then a cube and then another odd shape just like you would get if you rotated a plane (sheet of paper) through a cube.

The odd shape rolls and squirms through the atmosphere of planet F9M201. Crashing on the planet's surface. Cage and Duke seem to crawl out of a slit on the top of the craft and jump down.

Cage hits the surface wrong and yelps.

Duke: “Ya in one piece?” Duke is wearing a part of a uniform and something on his torso that looks almost like a shiny animal skin. His weapons seem better taken care of than his clothes which were not torn or threadbare but definitely used hard.

Cage: “Shog. I twisted my ankle. I am still with you.” Cage was wearing a cap with two brims – one over each shoulder. His dress was not quite a hodgepodge as Duke's. The colors and shirt seemed to be the same style – for use in 4th dimensional safari's.

“Well, I guess we need to set up camp. The cargo door is under the ship right?” says Duke.

Cage: “Howinheckamisupposano? I canna stand down.”

Duke: “Here's up not down.”

Cage looks around. “I guess ya gotta point. Did I tell you I hate 4D ships?”

Duke: “Only 'bout a million times.”

Cage signals “On the left”.

Duke draws his revolving cartridge side arm (looks like a cross between an 1860's era colt and a laser sight. He tosses it to Cage (who is still on the ground) and grabs his long arm off his back. It is a strange cross between styles and none seemed to really belong to the others.

The long arm seemed to be a basic rifle or maybe shot gun with two mismatched barrels (over and under) with the upper one larger than the bottom. Below the barrels seemed to be a monopod but seemed to slim for the weapon. There seemed to be a guide rod off to the side (so as not to obscure the optical site). The weapon sight was not clear if it was a laser or telescopic one.

Coming out of the woods, Colonel Mitchell, Colonel Carter, Dr Jackson, Teal'c and Vala Mal Doran spread out and had their weapons raised and aimed at the two strangers. One of the strangers was a big hulking man taller than Teal'c by about an inch. He had a weather worn face and a no nonsense attitude. He aimed a complicated looking weapon that fit no readily categorized type. His carriage was of a military type man.

The man on the ground held a pistol that was a cross between a six shooter with twin revolving cylinders. His bandoleer had several loaded cylinders as well as loose rounds.

Mitchell quickly sized up the situation and pointed his P80 muzzle up: “Ho. Ho. Ho. Ho. . . .”

Duke: “Waddya want?”

Mitchell: “We heard a big bang and came to see.”

Daniel: “Hi, I'm Daniel Jackson. He's Cam Mitchel, she's Sam Carter, he's Teal'c and she's Vala. We just wanted to make sure what the crash was. And to offer help if needed.

Cage: “He's Duke and I'm Cage. I think I sprained my ankle.” He lowered his weapon.

Duke grunted a response and lowered his weapon. “Can you tell me where we are?”

Daniel: “This is a planet we call F9M201. We are explorers and have not seen any people so this planet doesn't have a name as far as we know.”

Mitchell: “We have a camp over there about 500 meters. If you'd like to join us, we can talk there.”

Carter (who had gone to Cage's side to examine his foot): “I think the ankle's just sprained but I think Doctor Lam should look at it.”

Mitchell: “Can we use the medical facilities on your ship?

Duke: “Sorry. We came in in a spin and it's upside down at the moment.”

Mitchell: “Well the gate is about 3 kilometers that way.” he pointed. “Doctor Lam can fix you up.”

Duke: “Cage, can you make it? You don't look so good.”

Cage: “Ma'am, could the doc make a house call? I think I'll need a splint for that distance.”

Mitchell: “Teal'c could you call General Landry and see if a medical team can come through?”

Opening Credits

Comment

Working...
      X