• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exodus (215)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    EXODUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 215
    When Cadmus begins to abduct people from the alien registry Alex finds herself torn between her duty and her family, as Jeremiah helps Cadmus move forward with the next phase of their plot. Kara draws upon Supergirl to try and convince Snapper Carr to expose the new threat to the city's aliens.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 March 2017, 08:54 PM.

So, Alex was willing to break her oaths and help out daddy dearest, even KNOWING her oaths to the DEO, and got all snippy with John when he tricked her into saying what he knew..

Kara gets fired by Carr after blogging.. Guess there are ramifications in these shows for people screwing up.. FINALLY..

As to handling that ship. WHY the hell didn't Kara just use her eye beams to gut the engines??? Rather than trying to 'push it back down'??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      So, Alex was willing to break her oaths and help out daddy dearest, even KNOWING her oaths to the DEO, and got all snippy with John when he tricked her into saying what he knew..

Kara gets fired by Carr after blogging.. Guess there are ramifications in these shows for people screwing up.. FINALLY..

As to handling that ship. WHY the hell didn't Kara just use her eye beams to gut the engines??? Rather than trying to 'push it back down'??
      Yeah, and John forgave her.

Regarding the ship. good question. She could have destroyed the engines and then lowered it to the surface as we've seen Kryptonians do over and over with various aircraft.

Comment

I'm really starting to get annoyed at the distance between the Danvers sisters. They hardly support each other, the never gcomfort each other now. The relationship between Kara and Alex was the best thing about the show. It's been pretty much dumped so they can focus on Alex/Maggia and Kara/Mon -El. I liked Sanvers but i'm really starting to dislike it now because the writers are putting Alex with Maggie now and ignoring the sister bond that we had in season 1. Every week i'm beginning to get disappointed at the show. When was the last time we had Kara and Alex comfort one or the other or just hang out together?

But LENA LUTHOR WAS IN IT. BIG PLUS That is one of the best things they've done this season, bringing in Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor.

Anyway R.I.P. Danvers sister relationship

P.S. I think they made the wrong sister gay

Oh also, it may be a good idea if the bring in Lena a bit more and continue develop this friednship between Lena and Kara. Now that Kara/Alex is pretty much non existent and Cat and Lucy aren't there any more it would be good for Kara to have a female friend. We just have to get rid of that egotistical muppet first. Looks like it'll be sooner rather than later if the end of the ep is anything to go by
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Yeah, and John forgave her..
          Which i couldn't understand. YEA he might have needed to apologize for decieving her, but NOT for finding out that she would have been willing to in essence betray the DEO to help daddy dearest.. Especially when she only 'felt' that he was doing all what he was against his will.. AND NOT that he was a full on convert to Cadmus.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Anyway R.I.P. Danvers sister relationship
            I don't think we've seen the last of that, unfortunately.

Comment

I don't think we've seen the last of that, unfortunately.
              Unfortunately???

P.S. I think they made the wrong sister gay
              I really don't know what you're talking about...
              These are just to friends who meet friendly and friendly talk to each other while being friendly.
              http://68.media.tumblr.com/8997d3dc4...6tqro4_540.gif
              http://68.media.tumblr.com/12f2ad38b...6tqro2_540.gif

By the way I loved the episode, it was the best this season, Alex lent her gunTM to Maggie, Alex kicked some major ass, J'onn tricked Alex into admitting to wanna help daddy, daddy not being a total asshat, and Kara saving Alex, Alex being total arm candy (I concur), Bore-El was almost non existent, and
              Spoiler:
              playtime is mostly over for him, mommy and daddy are coming to take him home to tidy his room.

It was a lot of Alex, I like Alex a lot.
              Did I leave something out? Oh? I wish I was Brian...
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 May 2017, 03:31 PM. Reason: Gifs were oversized.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                Unfortunately???
                Yes, unfortunately. There is far too much emotional/relationship nonsense in this show for my taste.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately. There is far too much emotional/relationship nonsense in this show for my taste.
                  Well one should never discuss taste, but there can be only so many shows that actually work with cardboard cut-outs as characters. SG-1 or Voyager did, because of the vastness of that constructed world, with all the new stuff that was added to it, and it was able to expand in various directions: the Goa'uld, the Ancients, the Ori etc. And all the technobabble, and real sci-fi stories that can carry whole episodes while it's not important who says it, or who it is happening to.

But with shows, like Supergirl it's inevitable to get to know your main characters. It's not possible for them to evolve in any direction, if they do nothing more than wake up every Monday morning and save the world by jammies-hour. Then it will get stale no matter how innovative the baddie of the week is. And if we learn about the characters it's impossible not learn about their families. The Danvers sisters make the show for what it is. At least they did in S1, now we get a moment here or there, like Kara using her fear of losing Alex for extra strength to slow the space ship down.

Not everybody's cup of tea, but also not inherently a fault.
                  sigpic

Comment

Alex lent her gunTM to Maggie, Alex kicked some major ass, J'onn tricked Alex into admitting to wanna help daddy, daddy not being a total asshat, and Kara saving Alex, Alex being total arm candy (I concur),
                    My issue, is it effectively said "we don't mind that you were willing to in essence turn traitor to the org you hav worked for for a number of years, it was all to save your daddy.. here's a honey booboo to make it better..."

Sorry, but there SHOULD be some damn ramifications for alex for what she was willing to do...

Comment

My issue, is it effectively said "we don't mind that you were willing to in essence turn traitor to the org you hav worked for for a number of years, it was all to save your daddy.. here's a honey booboo to make it better..."

Sorry, but there SHOULD be some damn ramifications for alex for what she was willing to do...
                      She took a leap of faith, and effectively turned Jeremiah to their cause. It was a leap of faith, it could have backfired, but it didn't. If she didn't go rogue then now they wouldn't have had an ally inside.

Nobody will acquit Jeremiah, understanding his motives does not equal agreeing with them. He is still in for a lifetime hospitality of the DEO. However I'm sure, he'll sacrifice himself for Alex (see redemption trope)
                      sigpic

Comment

I really don't know what you're talking about...
                        Spoiler:
                        These are just to friends who meet friendly and friendly talk to each other while being friendly.
                        http://68.media.tumblr.com/8997d3dc4...6tqro4_540.gif
                        http://68.media.tumblr.com/12f2ad38b...6tqro2_540.gif
                        Of course, cause I do the lip bite thing with my friends
                        ]

Well one should never discuss taste, but there can be only so many shows that actually work with cardboard cut-outs as characters. SG-1 or Voyager did, because of the vastness of that constructed world, with all the new stuff that was added to it, and it was able to expand in various directions: the Goa'uld, the Ancients, the Ori etc. And all the technobabble, and real sci-fi stories that can carry whole episodes while it's not important who says it, or who it is happening to.

But with shows, like Supergirl it's inevitable to get to know your main characters. It's not possible for them to evolve in any direction, if they do nothing more than wake up every Monday morning and save the world by jammies-hour. Then it will get stale no matter how innovative the baddie of the week is. And if we learn about the characters it's impossible not learn about their families. The Danvers sisters make the show for what it is. At least they did in S1, now we get a moment here or there, like Kara using her fear of losing Alex for extra strength to slow the space ship down.

Not everybody's cup of tea, but also not inherently a fault.
                        The Kara/Alex relationship was one of the best things about the show. In season 1 it was awesome, they were there for each other, they would die for each other. This season it's like they're strangers. Alex said she knew when Kara was ad or disappointed. It seems she has no idea about Kara's emotions now. I mean the scenes we got with them in The Martian chronicles was Alex basically talking Kara into dating Mon-El. I mean, seriously??? Did you not listen to your sister? The bad guys even knew how bad Mon-El was for Kara, hell even Kara herself listed all the reasons why it wouldn't work. Some of the charcters are acting like they have split personality disorder.

That scene with Kara/Alex and the ship, then it's all forgotten just so they can shoehorn Mon-El in to comfort Kara to try and make us believe he cares. I mis when Alex and Kara comforted each other. When was the last time we actually saw that? And that end scene. What the hell? "maybe being Supergirl and having you is enough"? I mean, what? So when Alex said Kara's job meant everything to here, that it gives her a sense of normalcy, and that they done everything to save her job when Supergirl was incapacitated. Was all a waste of time? What have they done to poor Kara this season. It's like they built up her charcter, made her a strong independent woman then tore that all apart this season.

You know, the one thing that stopped me from giving up on this show is Lena Luthor. At least that's the best thing that's happened this season.

Jeremiah can say he was doing what he done to protect Alex and Kara, but the truth is he betrayed Kara. Did he forget Kara was an Alien? That she is also a target for Cadmus? He's not stupid enough to think that Lillian would have let her continue to freely move around National City. And Alex ready to betray DEO. I agree with Kara, what J'onn done was wrong, but what Alex was about to do was worse. Alex was out of control and it was the correct decision to suspend her. Her going rogue was reckless and stupid. I didn't like that Maggie was encouraging her to go rogue. That was irresponsible. Going into the Cadmus alone with no backup? That was the most stupid thing she's ever done. Also what is with J'onn? Guardiian and winn lied about what they were doing, Winn lied about not knowing the location of Livewire, in turn Guardian gets captured and Supergirl has to save them. J'onn yells at Winn some about his antics, then tells him he and Guardian make a good team or something along those lines? Now Alex loses it with a prisoner, was about to betray the DEO to help her father, goes rogue after she gets suspended and J'onns like sure come on back! Really? Is there no repercussions at the DEO? Kara tried to do the right thing by warning the aliens of the threat to them and loses her job, but hey if it was the DEO she would have probably got the keys to the city

But at least I can still enjoy the Kara/Lena scenes in this ep
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 May 2017, 03:32 PM. Reason: Requoted tags edited.
                        sigpic

Comment

She took a leap of faith, and effectively turned Jeremiah to their cause. It was a leap of faith, it could have backfired, but it didn't. If she didn't go rogue then now they wouldn't have had an ally inside.

Nobody will acquit Jeremiah, understanding his motives does not equal agreeing with them. He is still in for a lifetime hospitality of the DEO. However I'm sure, he'll sacrifice himself for Alex (see redemption trope)
                          However, she didn't KNOW he was on her side. For all she knew he COULD have been a full on convert, after getting his arm switched out..

Comment

However, she didn't KNOW he was on her side. For all she knew he COULD have been a full on convert, after getting his arm switched out..
                            If she did know, then it wouldn't have had to be a leap of faith, would it?
                            sigpic

Comment

That scene with Kara/Alex and the ship, then it's all forgotten just so they can shoehorn Mon-El in to comfort Kara to try and make us believe he cares. I miss when Alex and Kara comforted each other. When was the last time we actually saw that?
                              IMHO this is part of growing up. When it's not your brother/sister, mother/father the first person you call if you're happy, or you need a shoulder to cry on. When you get a significant other, that this person will take over these "responsibilities". If it's a normal, healthy family and this relationship is not a way to get away from then, then they'll be the second ones you call, and this is okay.
                              Hell, I remember neglecting my parents when my relationship was still fresh, but it did normalize pretty soon, there was time for everybody. But the priorities remained.

And that end scene. What the hell? "maybe being Supergirl and having you is enough"? I mean, what?
                              Kara is in all kinds and shapes of denial. Maybe because of the above, the growing up stuff, and the natural distancing from immediate family. But she is indeed in denial. I'm sure Bore-El is nothing more than an idea of having a significant other, that won't break if being kissed. And having grown up in the same neighborhood helped too. But the are such opposites, that the moment the honeymoon phase is over, she'll realize this.
                              Spoiler:
                              That's why all this huge fuss about him lying about being the prince, and it's gonna blow up, IMHO

Jeremiah can say he was doing what he done to protect Alex and Kara, but the truth is he betrayed Kara. Did he forget Kara was an Alien? That she is also a target for Cadmus?
                              Well, the poison was to kill all aliens except for Kryptonians, and he was about to haul all aliens to the other side of the galaxy, except for Kara and Clark, that is my guess. So, he was all kinds of wrong to do what he did, but he never put his family into real danger. But of course no redemption for him except for sacrificing himself for the children. Which is still my guess.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X