Exodus (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjt View Post
    IMHO this is part of growing up. When it's not your brother/sister, mother/father the first person you call if you're happy, or you need a shoulder to cry on. When you get a significant other, that this person will take over these "responsibilities". If it's a normal, healthy family and this relationship is not a way to get away from then, then they'll be the second ones you call, and this is okay.
    Hell, I remember neglecting my parents when my relationship was still fresh, but it did normalize pretty soon, there was time for everybody. But the priorities remained.
    In the show though I really miss the sister moments and how they relied on each other in the first season, these "romances" have put a serious crink in the sister relationship and it's becoming increasingly frustrating as the season has went on. every ep I'm thinking, maybe we'll finally get some sister moments and every time I'm left disappointed. This relationship was one of the best things about the show for me, now it's become virtually non existent. Now I don't have a problem with them bringing in romance (except for Kara/Mon-El, that one is just awful) but they need to find a balance. I mean surely when someone falls head over heels they don't forget everyone else in their life. Or maybe the writers just aren't very good at writing characters that have more than one meaningful relationship at a time.

At the end of this ep in perticular, I think it would have had a much better impact if it was Kara/Alex that comforted each other after everything that happened over the last couple of eps. I dunno, maybe they're not sisters any more

Kara is in all kinds and shapes of denial. Maybe because of the above, the growing up stuff, and the natural distancing from immediate family. But she is indeed in denial. I'm sure Bore-El is nothing more than an idea of having a significant other, that won't break if being kissed. And having grown up in the same neighborhood helped too. But the are such opposites, that the moment the honeymoon phase is over, she'll realize this.
    Spoiler:
    That's why all this huge fuss about him lying about being the prince, and it's gonna blow up, IMHO
    Yeaqh it won't last, Mon-El isn't good for her. The sooner they end it the better because Kara deserves so much better than him.
    Spoiler:
    I can't wait till the next ep once the secret is revealed. Kara is not gonnabe happy, she has issues with friends and family keeping secrets from her and lying to her. I mean it's not just a little white lie. He lied about who he is. That's huge and if they have her firgiving him i'll be royally p'eed

Well, the poison was to kill all aliens except for Kryptonians, and he was about to haul all aliens to the other side of the galaxy, except for Kara and Clark, that is my guess. So, he was all kinds of wrong to do what he did, but he never put his family into real danger. But of course no redemption for him except for sacrificing himself for the children. Which is still my guess.
    Yes but everyone knows Lillian wants rid of all Aliens, that includes Kara and Clark. From the last couple of eps I got the impression Jeremiah cared more about Alex than he did about Kara. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that's just the feeling I got. He's been in the custody of Cadmus for years so we don't know what they have done to him while he's been there. He was ready to blast the Aliens into space which was pretty much a death sentence whether he wants to admit it or not. Betraying the Aliens is betraying Kara and Clark as they are also Aliens
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Yes but everyone knows Lillian wants rid of all Aliens, that includes Kara and Clark. From the last couple of eps I got the impression Jeremiah cared more about Alex than he did about Kara. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that's just the feeling I got. He's been in the custody of Cadmus for years so we don't know what they have done to him while he's been there. He was ready to blast the Aliens into space which was pretty much a death sentence whether he wants to admit it or not. Betraying the Aliens is betraying Kara and Clark as they are also Aliens
      Hence my not being so willing to buy into his whole "i did it for you, to protect you" bit..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Hence my not being so willing to buy into his whole "i did it for you, to protect you" bit..
        Which is why I think it was idiotic of Alex to betray the DEO to help her Father and why I'm so disappointed that Maggie encouraged it. Also with J'onn just letting her back in with little repercussions of her actions. Is it only Kara that seems to be the responsible one? First with Guardian and Winn and now Alex
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Also with J'onn just letting her back in with little repercussions of her actions. Is it only Kara that seems to be the responsible one? First with Guardian and Winn and now Alex
          I agree. YES maybe he was wrong in HOW he found out she was willing to betray the DEO, but the fact she WAS, to me would have meant SOME repercussions.. I don't care if she IS one of the main players.

Comment

I agree. YES maybe he was wrong in HOW he found out she was willing to betray the DEO, but the fact she WAS, to me would have meant SOME repercussions.. I don't care if she IS one of the main players.
            I think the fine line is whether or not she actually did something. But yes, this is a case of "Knowing the right person".
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

And what about her letting him go, and telling the others "I lost him"??? Does that not count as "doing something"?

Comment

And what about her letting him go, and telling the others "I lost him"??? Does that not count as "doing something"?
                Call the DEO, and tell on her.

But back to what J'onn found out, is that she was potentially easily swayed by her father, but since 1984 thought crime is not punishable by law. What Jeremiah said was: "I need the magnetic macguffin that's in the DEO to release all the aliens, and I want to save them, but please do it behind J'onn's back, because he doesn't like me, but I'm a good person, pretty please?"
                And Alex believes in her dad, and would have probably given in to such reasoning. And eventually she was right, because Jeremiah turned on Ice Queen Luthor, and helped Alex save the aliens. If Alex were to be wrong about this, her story would have been different, of course.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, but they don't know that.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

No but we do!

Comment

This episode was much better than the last one, I really liked it a lot.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X