• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wrath of Savitar (315)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON THREE
    THE WRATH OF SAVITAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 315
    When the team learns that Wally has been conceal disturbing visions of Savitar from them, they try to determine the enemy's plan for escaping his prison. While Julian consents to be used as a conduit to talk to Savitar, Wally discovers a secret that Barry is keeping from Iris.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 07 March 2017, 09:25 PM.

Hoooo boy.. What a bunch of secret keepers..
    First we have wally keeping it secret that savatar has been messin with his mind. Then Barry kept it secret from everyone that the reason he proposed to Iris was she wasn't engaged to him in the future.
    Then Katlin kept a piece of the stone secret, but luckily that was the only thing stopping savatar from breaking free, TILL wally stupidly gave him what he wanted..
    MAN does wally need some therapy!

Comment

I think the best analogy I can think of while watching this episode is that the characters seem to suffer from the same kind of plot convenient stupidity that horror movie characters do.

One thing that stood out to me about Savitar though is that some of his speech seems weirdly modern.

Half the time he has this pompous over the top ramblings about mythology and godhood, and the other half of the time he's using words like "You're the good guy" and "From my perspective, you're the big bad."

It makes me wonder if he's actually someone we know, like he's future Cisco or something.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

On another site someone hypothesizes that he IS wally..

Comment

I saw that too. I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't seem to match up with his behavior towards Wally or Barry.

But didn't his taunts of Cisco amount to claiming that he chooses not to live up to his potential? In fact, he said "Reverb said you could become a god."

Savitar also appears to be able to see into other timelines and realities.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Maybe that is linked to him being part of the speed force?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              On another site someone hypothesizes that he IS wally..
              The two most common theories I've seen is that or that he's Barry from some time in the future after all his suffering and losses drive him crazy. That would play into the "Iris has to die so I can live" thing, since if she survives, Barry won't suffer as much.

Comment

Savitar being wally makes the most sense.
                He alludes to creating himself (and Wally is made via Savitar), he (Wally) shows up before flashpoint, therefore can be affected by Barry's actions. He does not "escape" like Atlas, he just puts a different "Atlas" in his place, his former self to create.......... himself.
                If Iris does not die, Barry does not have the drive to teach Wally what he needs to know, much like Eoabad taught Barry how to be the Flash, despite the risk it presented to himself.

Time travel, it's fun!!
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Savitar being wally makes the most sense.
                  He alludes to creating himself (and Wally is made via Savitar), he (Wally) shows up before flashpoint, therefore can be affected by Barry's actions. He does not "escape" like Atlas, he just puts a different "Atlas" in his place, his former self to create.......... himself.
                  If Iris does not die, Barry does not have the drive to teach Wally what he needs to know, much like Eoabad taught Barry how to be the Flash, despite the risk it presented to himself.

Time travel, it's fun!!
                  ^ I was thinking this as well, it also seems really personal when he talks to the group, like he knows/knew them well. When he told Joe that he never asked for any of this and he told Iris that he's sorry that she has to die, he sounded almost sincere. He also seemed mostly hostile/resentful towards Barry and HR (the two people that trained Wally). If he's not Wally, then I guess I can see him being a future Flash. To me, it just all seems too personal with the team to be someone random that we haven't met yet or don't know well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this, didn't he also say something about his prison being designed specifically for him so he needed something specific to get out? Like something containing the same DNA?

If he only needed a meta he could pick any, and if he only needed a speedster he could drag Barry into the speed force, but to me it's as if he specifically targeted Wally because Wally was the only person who could take his place.

Comment

Barry is so self obsessed. He chews others out for keeping secrets but he's the worst of them all.
                      He keeps secrets, messes with the timeline with no consideration for anyone else. After what happened with flashpoint you'd think he'd learn, but he keeps messing with the timeline again and again without any thought. Is he willing to sacrifice anyone to save Iris? He's not a hero, he's a danger to everyone
                      sigpic

Comment

So maybe its Barry that becomes savatar.. A true villian.

Comment

Hmm he could be. That would be an interesting twist
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            So maybe its Barry that becomes savatar.. A true villian.
                            That is one of the more popular theories out there. It would explain Savitar saying that Iris has to die for him to be born.

Comment

Then why would Barry resent "himself"?

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X