No announcement yet.

Still into SG-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started watching it again. I always do a rewatch every few months. It's on Hulu now so I watch it there even though I have all the dvd's.

Comment

Yep, I am currently rewatching SG1. Basically I'm watching an two or three episodes a night, every year or so I break out the DVDs and start rewatching SG1 or SGA.
      Last edited by WackyTraveler; 21 August 2017, 03:43 AM.
      Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!

Comment

I haven't done a proper watch through in years, but every once in awhile I'll watch a few random episodes.

Comment

I actually woke up early this morning and couldn't sleep so I turned on the DVD player in the spare room (which never gets used) and SG-1 started playing (Episode: Nemesis).

I couldn't remember last time I watched stargate, but it was probably around the last official SG Rewatch which finished in 2012/13. I went to my fansite I created during the rewatch and found the date stamp for when I viewed this episode: SG1, Season 3, Episode 22: Nemesis Viewed 02/11/2011!

It was the like reuniting with old friends, then I came straight to Gateworld for the first time in ages and had to reply to this thread. Such as great show. Miss it.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

I only started watching Stargate a couple of months ago, so it`s still new for me. I`m currently watching season six and love it. There are not many TV shows that can excite me with its quality by season six.

Comment

Yeah, I still love the show. I'm in the middle of a rewatch now, although it's been a while since I last saw an episode. My husband and I are watching it together, and the next episode is 2010. I do not like the Aschen, so it's hard to watch. But OTOH I hate skipping episodes... Go figure.
              sigpic

Comment

By that stage, it's into longer arc story mode, so you feel like you are missing something.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Yes I am still into it....I watched SG-1 while it was on TV, then reruns and syndication, and now on Comet TV they are running the whole series, in order, I believe. It's on Mon thru Thurs for four hours. They run two episodes, then repeat them.
                  I am seeing so much more depth now, and I understand it better, because I know more about science now. (and...relationships.)
                  This is a great experience for me. I used to just see it as one more sci-fi show, but now......I think it's an amazing phenomenon - the writing and special FX. And.....the acting!!
                  Anyone else enjoying a re-watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron Gal View Post
                    Anyone else enjoying a re-watch?
                    I am! I'm in the back half of season 6 right now
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am. I've always loved it-to the point of obsession up until 2005 ish-but I hadn't properly re-watched many episodes for a few years. I'd seen a few when they popped up on TV

As it's the 20th anniversary of SG1 starting (and 10th of it finishing) this year, I thought I'd do a re-watch from the beginning. I've been watching a couple of episodes a day and am now in season 3 (today's episodes were Forever in a Day and Past and Present).
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

I'm watching it for the first time. I'm currently in season 9 of SG-1. Watching four episodes a week. Haven't watched anything else of Stargate yet, except for the first Stargate movie, so I have a lot more watching left to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Garan View Post
                          I'm watching it for the first time. I'm currently in season 9 of SG-1. Watching four episodes a week. Haven't watched anything else of Stargate yet, except for the first Stargate movie, so I have a lot more watching left to do.
                          I'd say come and test your knowledge so far...

A bunch of us have only recently started a rewatch. We're nearing the end of season 1 so I'm not kidding when I say recently, but there are quizzes and jigsaws to accompany the rewatch.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I find your gushing praise refreshing -thank you for that.
                            "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Yeah, I still love the show. I'm in the middle of a rewatch now, although it's been a while since I last saw an episode. My husband and I are watching it together, and the next episode is 2010. I do not like the Aschen, so it's hard to watch. But OTOH I hate skipping episodes... Go figure.
                              ‘2001’ & ‘2010’ are two of my favorite episodes (‘favorite episodes’ as it relates to Stargate is an overused phrase with me), from memory, I cannot recall the seasons they are from but know they were not back-to-back episodes. I dislike the Aschen people as well but think these are two well conceived and well written episodes. Trivia: the guy that Sam’s husband/diplomat (Christopher Cousins was in a Home Depot commercial as a Home Depot employee in 2003... in an orange vest.
                              Last edited by photoglyph; 09 June 2018, 07:58 AM.
                              "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Forever and always.
                                I grew up watching it with my gran (she had a thing for Hammond).
                                I was obsessed with the movie so it was a natural progression.
                                Rewatching from the beginning right now

Comment

Working...
                                X