Still into SG-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still into SG-1?

Haven't been here in a while - just wanted to see if anyone is still interested in the series . I started watching it again on my DVDs .

I haven't recently, but I can't express my love for this series enough! I was talking about this to a fellow writer yesterday and she'd only seen the movie. I started to explain the entire world and mythology the writers had composed in the 10 years of SG1 and realized it would take hours, and how GOOD it was. My mother, who is now 90 loved it too, and used to call the team "our friends". I know you didn't ask this, but, I'm gushing!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yep, I've got all of SG-1 and SGA on DVD. I've been watching at least one episode a night for a while now. I'm up to Season 9 and Season 2 respectively, switching discs after each discs groups of episodes now so I don't get too far ahead in one during the crossovers.

My boys sat and watched a few episodes with me after I'd made it into maybe season 5 of SG1...so we've planned out watching it all for the summer, starting with the movie....because I found myself explaining things to them as they asked questions that....well...answer themselves if you know the story.

Sorry, I'm going on a tangent here, maybe because I don't know anyone personally that has watched the tv shows. This stuff is so second nature to me, SG1 is like part of my family. I found myself during my rewatch....seeing things I'd missed before....I love the show all over again.

Seeing Momoa on Game of Thrones and now going to be Aquaman....I remember my reaction....RONON made it big. And its funny, recognizing Stargate cast members in other shows....and not even main cast members.

Ok, I do apologize, you didn't really ask for that info.

Comment

I'm still very much interested in it. I own all three series and I'm currently in the middle of a rewatch. I'm finishing up season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of SGA. I'm going to watch SGU once I'm done with SGA. I'm pretty much watching it the same way that the poster above me is, by switching discs from SG-1 to SGA after each disc's group of episodes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCruloc View Post
          Yep, I've got all of SG-1 and SGA on DVD. I've been watching at least one episode a night for a while now. I'm up to Season 9 and Season 2 respectively, switching discs after each discs groups of episodes now so I don't get too far ahead in one during the crossovers.

My boys sat and watched a few episodes with me after I'd made it into maybe season 5 of SG1...so we've planned out watching it all for the summer, starting with the movie....because I found myself explaining things to them as they asked questions that....well...answer themselves if you know the story.

Sorry, I'm going on a tangent here, maybe because I don't know anyone personally that has watched the tv shows. This stuff is so second nature to me, SG1 is like part of my family. I found myself during my rewatch....seeing things I'd missed before....I love the show all over again.

Seeing Momoa on Game of Thrones and now going to be Aquaman....I remember my reaction....RONON made it big. And its funny, recognizing Stargate cast members in other shows....and not even main cast members.

Ok, I do apologize, you didn't really ask for that info.
          I ripped all my discs for all 3 series into mkv files and put them in my plex library.

Comment

Just finished rewatching it before christmas. It was as good as ever

Comment

Sure I am still intersted in it, it's having a rerun once more on a TV channel here. I am watching it right now actually

Comment

I haven't done a rewatch of SG1 in about 8 or so months. It's not from lack of interest just more i'm doing a rewatch of star trek (which is massive as I'm doing in from enterprise to voyager) since I'm almost finished it I'm gonna do a full SG rewatch

Comment

I haven't watched SG1 for a while but I still love it. I have most of it on DVD (series 1 to 8) - I should watch it again soon....
                  sigpic

Comment

Haven't watched it in years, but I'll always love it. They were my childhood heroes. Atlantis and Universe were both great too. Shame that whatever Emmerich and Devlin were developing recently didn't work out, but maybe it's for the best. This is the type of franchise that became great thanks to the gradual worldbuilding and no reboot can capture that.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Shame that whatever Emmerich and Devlin were developing recently didn't work out, but maybe it's for the best.
                      Now this is something I have been giving serious thought to just recently (thanks for the remider rushy)
                      I do not know what they were develping recently, specifically.
                      Does anybody know what direction they originally planned to take Stargate in had they continued on straight after the movie?
                      I might have missed it, but I have not come accross any elaboration of future direction from either Emmerich or Devlin.
                      I think after 10 years of SG1, which took on where the movie finished, whatever they had planned would not work now, but I am still interested in what they planned.

In answer to ornj, yes I am still interested in all of SG1, and have the movie, all ten years of he TV shows plus Ark of Truth & Continum on DVD. (I never took any interest in what I call the 'spin-offs', Atlantis & Universe.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Am I still into it, yes. However sadly it's hard for me to rewatch it as it was taken away from netflix (and I think Amazon too).
                        sigpic

Comment

It's why torrents exist. It's not legal, but at least it's a way to re-watch everything again.

I already re-watched SGA and SGU, I'm saving SG-1 for either the end of this or the beginning of the next year. I'll probably re-watch the other two too, but not in a back-to-back style like the two posters above.

Comment

We are lucky here in the UK that our Sky TV seem to re-run SG1 and SGA pretty often on one of the 3 channels they have...

Currently watching Atlantis on Pick TV and SG1 on Sky Two....

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I'll always be into SG-1 as it remains my favourite TV show. I've actually watched a couple of SGA & SGU episodes more recently and thought I haven't watched SG-1 for a while. Then I caught the original movie on TV the other day and seeing that reminded me.

Episodes that capture the essence of what a great show SG-1 is for me: 'Lost City' pts 1&2 (action), Window of Opportunity (humour), Heroes pt 1&2 (characters), Torment of Tantalus (mystery and discovery), Paradise Lost (facing adversity and great use of location).

So now I will go and rewatch these, a nice way to chill out on a Sunday afternoon!

Comment

Working...
                              X