• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homecoming (214)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    HOMECOMING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 214
    The Danvers family is overjoyed when Jeremiah is rescued from Cadmus, returning to work at the D.E.O. -- with a warning that the enemy is planning to use a powerful fusion bomb. But when Mon-El voices concerns about Jeremiah, the happily reunited family begins to fracture.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 February 2017, 08:21 PM.

I'm really starting to dislike the romances on the show. Alex and Kara once seeked each other out to grieve together. Now they grieve alone so their "love interests" can come along to comfort them. The Alex/Kara relationships was one of the best things about the show but it's all about Alex/Maggie and Kara/Mon-El these days. At least Kara/Mon-El won't last long after what Jeremiah said to him about him knowing who he is, that will come out and tear them apart
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      I'm really starting to dislike the romances on the show. Alex and Kara once seeked each other out to grieve together. Now they grieve alone so their "love interests" can come along to comfort them. The Alex/Kara relationships was one of the best things about the show but it's all about Alex/Maggie and Kara/Mon-El these days. At least Kara/Mon-El won't last long after what Jeremiah said to him about him knowing who he is, that will come out and tear them apart
      I've heard lead poisoning is kinda bad at this time of year

And while I see your point about the Danvers sisters seemingly slowly losing the bond they had before, this time the rift was real, Alex didn't want to believe those who saw through this whole Jeremiah suddenly reappearing shenanigans. So they'll need some time to make up.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post

And while I see your point about the Danvers sisters seemingly slowly losing the bond they had before, this time the rift was real, Alex didn't want to believe those who saw through this whole Jeremiah suddenly reappearing shenanigans. So they'll need some time to make up.
        I could get the lead

Yeah here it was real, but in general the writers have really dropped the ball with them, just so they can push the romance drama and it's starting to make me dislike the Sanvers ship and I already hate the Karamel ship as Mon-El never listens, he treats Kara like a prize possession, thinks she is lucky to be with him and he's egotistical, plus he sees no problem with objectifying women. Anyway yeah, the Danvers sisters are getting badly neglected this season. Their relationship was the best thing about the show IMO and I really miss it.

Take the Luthors ep when Kara stormed off and started beating up blocks of concrete, I expected Alex to go look for her sister asw she said she knew when she was sad or disappointed, guess she doesn't know when Kara is crazy mad. I was gobsmacked when it was Mon-El that showed up.

It's getting to the point now that the only eps I really look forward to is the one's where Lena shows up as we see a good friendship here with Kara, and I freakin love Lena
        sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to fast forward through the shippy scenes. I simply don't care about any of them.

Comment

And even AFTER being shown what Mon=el was saying was right, she still let him go...

Just like in other shows. Familial bonds BLIND the heroes to the truth WAY TOO often.

Comment

I think someone owes Mon-El an apology. Actually two people.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

More like 3.. Kara, Alex AND Jonn. BUT then as we have seen in other shows. When it comes to family, heroe's eyes are always blinded to the truth, often till its too late.

Comment

No one will apologise. No one apologised to Kara after them not listening to her in Luthers other than James. Mon-El is a selfish ****** anyway so I don't care
                  sigpic

Comment

So welcome Lyra! You got the very important job to be the someone with less screen time than Maggie! Dang, Maggie is a regular, so it doesn't count. Okay than her job is to make her abduction next episode an added incentive to Wynn to destroy Cadmus. Plus she's cute.

Mon-El was an ass. Again. And what if he was right? This is not the way to do things. Collect proofs first then accuse long lost family members of being brainwashed or planted.

And his speech to Wynn about what is he to Kara if he's purpose is not to protect her and be the knight to her damsel in distress? Really??? You don't know it Mon-El, then get the fork lost! (This is so stupid.)

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    And even AFTER being shown what Mon=el was saying was right, she still let him go...
                    Just like in other shows. Familial bonds BLIND the heroes to the truth WAY TOO often.
                    Well she could not overpower him, and the only alternative was to shoot him with her gun (that she loves so much).
                    I guess we all have family members we'd like to shoot sometimes, but it's easier said than done...
                    sigpic

Comment

Winn basically told him what Kara has been telling him for weeks and now he listens? The guys a muppet. I could never be with a guy that totally disregards everything I say
                      sigpic

Comment

Well she could not overpower him, and the only alternative was to shoot him with her gun (that she loves so much).
                        I guess we all have family members we'd like to shoot sometimes, but it's easier said than done...
                        Then shoot him in the leg so he can't escape...

And imo that is WHY so many military orgs DO have rules about fraternization/workig with kin.. CAUSE YOU lose your objectivity when it comes to family/loved ones, and often do the WRONG THING "just cause it helps so and so"..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Then shoot him in the leg so he can't escape...
                          Did you see which gun it was? It was the gun that she loves so much, but unfortunately it only has one setting, and that's not stun. And neither like that gun that first tortures you, then it kills you, and thirdly... Nope there isn't a third funcion [whistles]

Last edited by pjt; 02 March 2017, 08:35 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I started watching this again yesterday to try and catch up with it before the new season. I didn't really care for this episode. The episode relied on almost everyone being blinded by their emotions and behaving irrationally to move the plot forward, this was particularly annoying when it came to J'onn and his behavior. The personal drama also seemed really manufactured, particularly the drama between Kara/Mon-El and Kara/Alex. This show has never had the best writing, but, for me, this season seemed to have a really hard time creating believable drama between characters. I'd expect characters close to Jeremiah to be annoyed with other characters not believing his story wholesale, but Kara's reaction to Mon-El and Alex's reaction to Kara seemed like gross overreactions.
                            sigpic

Comment

If you notice, Most everyone of these shows the 'hero' is always blinded by emotions, especially when it comes to family.

Comment

Working...
                              X