Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy test post. How about a mini-series on TV (say three (3) 2-hour episodes)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy test post. How about a mini-series on TV (say three (3) 2-hour episodes)?

Hi,

So far, I've not been able to get something posted. I've submitted but it never shows up.

I loved the movie when it came out and SG1 was/is an excellent follow up. There are a few episodes that I need to be in the right frame of mind to watch - nothing serious. As with Atlantis, I'd have liked another season or two. The two movies and the remake movie pilot are great. Too bad they have not been able to continue the movies. How about a mini-series on TY (say three (3) 2-hour episodes)?

Atlantis - I do not normally science horror and the Wraith similarity to vampires was not initially a plus. I have all five years and this is very good. I would have liked another season or two.

I watched the first year or two of SG Universe. It seemed to be OK and had potential but my was always left depressed after watching an episode (much too dark) and the Soap Opera like format was not too much of a draw for me. Some interesting ideas but not my kind of format.

Just my thoughts.

Doug vV

Hi Doug! Some interesting ideas for SG continuation.Welcome to the Forum!

Your other post is here (link), so unless we've had glitches your posts are definitely going through to the "Probie" queue.
    (For more on what happens when we join GW take a look here: 'Probie Status' for New Members)
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Just learning the new format will take some time I guess. Most of my on-line contact has been at Railway Preservation News and Narrow Gauge discussion forum. They are quite different.

Doug vV

Comment

Keep posting and you'll soon be out of probie status.

I like the entire SG franchise, although I have to admit that I'm not too keen on the last two seasons of SG-1. The Ori are boring, one dimensional villains IMO. I much prefer the Wraith and the Goa'uld. I also don't like the Aschen, so my current rewatch has stuck at 2010. I also have a hard time skipping episodes on rewatches, even ones that I dislike.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, they could get some actors back and film some stuff with a green-screen. The producers/writers were already going to do a combo movie, so they could get partial casts back to do a mini-series compiled of three or four 2-hour episodes and just do a quick wrap-up for all three series in a reunion show format. Just have the mini-series set sometime after SGU would be over story-wise, like cover the most important events only, some backstory, like in EATG and done.

It can be done, but from another perspective, it isn't financially worth it for SG. Besides, a lot of cast & crew members have already moved on and it'd be more expensive to get the cast members back. Not to mention if SG-1's/SGA's/SGU's producers/writers would get another chance at anything Stargate, I don't think they'd even do the green screen stuff. In fact, I'm completely sure that they'd want to go big in an effort to get as many cast members as possible and rebuilt everything at least partially (sets, props and costumes). In that case, it'd be at least 15 one-hour episodes with the first episode being at least a two-parter and the final episode (or an episode prior to the finale) having an extended edition made for it.

But if MGM goes for another SG series, it'd be a full series and it's just like Joseph Malozzi said in a recent interview: it'd be the best to just proceed with a new series and have the cast members from the first three occasionally show up (whenever the story would require a re-appearance of their characters).

Would another X number of seasons of SGA be awesome? Yes.
          Would the remaining three seasons of SGU be amazing? Yes, because it just got really awesome at the end.
          Would it be awesome if SG-1 got an 11th season instead of the two wrap-up movies? Yes.
          Would it be awesome if any of the three series could be continued in a TV movie format? Yes.
          Was it possible for MGM then to give the producers/writers a chance to do an all-in-one wrap-up or just the SGU one? No.

Trust me, none of the three series are coming back in any format, at least as long as TV is considered.
          Last edited by Mnikolic; 14 February 2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Other than a recent Change.org petition that came out, does anyone know of any recent talk of new Stargate in any capacity? Since the movie reboot got nixed (thank goodness) it seems like we have lost all MALP telemetry on information (see what I did there.) It appears SyFy is doing well with actual Science Fiction shows again (Dark Matter, The Expanse...) so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for a new evolution of Stargate. Anybody hear anything? Oh also, this pertains to TV or movies only, I am not in to comics. I'm not knocking you if you are, its just not my thing. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X