What's so special about Ba'al?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's so special about Ba'al?

So all the major goa'uld are gone, killed by the SGC and/or the replicators except for Ba'al. The majority of the jaffa have declared their freedom from goa'uld rule. So how is it that Ba'al still commands such a formidable allegiance of jaffa?

He's one of the more shrewd clever Goa'ulds and has a wonderfully slimy persuasive manner about him. He can adapt, he took his time to learn about his enemies on Earth and even embraced some of the greedy aspects of life on Earth. I would think many Jaffa still feared the Goa'uld and couldn't bring themselves to defy those they thought of as Gods for millennia. They would rather stick with Ba'al rather than risk some terrible fate at his hands.

He's my favourite Stargate villain.

Comment

I don't think that was necessarily meant to be because of anything Ba'al did. Even after the liberation of Dakkara, there were still Jaffa that remained in service to their Goa'uld overlords out general loyalty of rather than religious faith. They never came out and said this specifically but I assumed they were all supposed to be similar to Yu's First Prime.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

He's a grade A conniving SOB!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          He's a grade A conniving SOB!
          Either that or he brainwashed all those jaffa.

Comment

Working...
          X