Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Does the Sarcophagus Work? (Theory)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyp4rgnOJmM

Thanks for the video, but I don't think it really added as much to the topic as I was hoping to see. I did learn a little though. I'm more curious about the mental health issues from sarcophagus usage though, as you mentioned with Daniel Jackson exploring the addiction properties of the thing and how that affects his behavior. It has to be more than regeneration of tissue. You saw that Daniel talks about how powerful and energetic he feels after using it when he's already healthy. I also don't see how a time-loop would do anything in the case of a healthy person either, so I agree with you that the time-loop is likely a poor idea.

We also know, from the same Daniel's addiction episode, that the sarcophagus can only fend off death for so long. That girl's father eventually died after surviving for 800 or so years using the device. He's also just a normal human.

This makes for a great discussion though!

Comment

From what we have seen in the show the sarcophagus can heal all illness and wounds, extend the life of the host and resurrect both the host and symbiote from death. In the episode " Need " it's shown that the sarcophagus can extend the life of a Human by 700 years but it also shows the sarcophagus's negative side effects, drug like addiction and selfishness. Daniel knew that the sarcophagus could resurrect the recently dead but didn't tell the old Man and his daughter so he could keep the sarcophagus to himself. If the old man were placed in the sarcophagus after his death he would have been resurrected and rejuvenated as seen by Apophis who used his sarcophagus a lot more than 700 years and after rapidly aging and dying was resurrected and rejuvenated.

Comment

Working...
      X