X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joseph Mallozzi On The Past, Present and Future of Stargate

http://www.comettv.com/2017/01/exclu...e-of-stargate/

Of particular interest is this question/answer -

What are your thoughts on Roland Emmerich’s plans for a reboot? Be honest! – Patrick Barnes
    – I hear it’s not happening. Let’s just say I’m interested in what MGM has planned as a “next step”.

I don't know if I'm reading into it or not but seems to me that he knows there's planned.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Very interesting read for sure

And yes it seems there is something planned indeed to me as well, which does not suprise me, in the wake of other sci-fi shows returning to TV after a long tiime

I have to say that I disliked SGU a lot, so I hope it would be nothing going into that direction, if there is anything to come up

Comment

An Alpha site concept with guest stars sounds like an interesting idea, I could honestly say right now that Bill Dow should be an ascended extra and get his own main character slot, even the guy who plays the gate technician in SG1, you could tell those guys were in it for the long haul after starring in all three consecutive series.

It would be nice to see the background characters from all three series at the forefront leading some kind of mission of their own to help the SGC, Atlantis and Destiny.

One can only hope that MGM have something in mind for the franchise, I hate to see it in limbo while there are Star Wars and Treks coming from left and right.

Comment

As long as whatever they do gives me closure on SGU. I know they won't do a continuation of the show just at least have part of whatever new show they decide to do have some form of communication with Destiny or at least acknowledge it in some way. Give me answers!! An alpha site would be cool, I just see that running its course too fast and turing in to the same show as SG1. It would have to branch out in to a new galaxy with new enemies. I would hate it if the Ori or replicators were rehashed over and over...again.

Comment

I doubt they'd re-hash the Replicators, it's been done before and it didn't work very well.

As for the Ori, I wouldn't mind them seeing them as allies. But as an enemy - no, thanks.

Comment

I would also like to see them team up with some "near peers" as we call them in the militrary. Have more relationships with technologically advanced cultures. (I know the Goa'uld were advanced but they dressed like ancient gods) There were so many that they met in SG1 and then just seemed to never be heard of again. I guess I grew tired of everyone they met living in the stone ages. Felt like I was eating at Medieval Times. I would like to see more space based action.

Comment

That is a good point. But I guess some of the fact they met so many medieval-styled people is because of the limits they had with effects and such back then.
              If you want to make something futuruistic looking that looks anything like real it needs sure some of those.

It would be very interesting though to see with what they come up with, maybe also as to why people who are higher developed would strike a bargin with people who from their point of view, are primitive and can offer not much worth trading in for

Comment

Working...
              X