Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Stargate ever venture into any Irish based mythology at any point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Stargate ever venture into any Irish based mythology at any point?

I know there was a celtic and early Christianity type of episode involving an Unas coming through through the gate and that was reasonably close enough, but were there any other mentions of Irish mythos throughout the series?

No, I don't think so. Unless it's the Ori? They give me somehow a Celtic/pagan vibe, although don't ask me why! But certainly no leprechauns or the like.
    sigpic

Comment

Wasn't one of the minor gou'ald named for something celtic?? Morganna or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Wasn't one of the minor gou'ald named for something celtic?? Morganna or something like that?
        Camulus was based on Celtic mythology and so was Morrigan. According to the stargate wiki. Morganna might be a derivative of morgana? But I thought that morganna was another name for Arthur's 1/2 sister. At least that was her name in Excalibur. So essentially Morganna would be Morgan le Fey.

Comment

Maybe i was mixing Morrigan with morganna...

Comment

Also I believe that the writers used most of the Celtic decedents to be "free worlds" the Agi-world the Aschen conquered and the world that the prometheus broke down on where both Celtic in origin.

Comment

Working...
            X