Tok'ra queen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra queen?

Eegeria might have been used as a scientific experiment by the Pangarans to make tretontin and they sucked her dry so to speak killing her in the process. So why can't the Tok'ra find another queen and like Anubis convince her/it to work with them instead of against them and make new symbiotes? The kull warriors were blank slates bc the queen refused to pass on anything to them. For that matter what makes a queen a queen in the first place? We know that all goa'uld are asexual, so in theory any symbiote could procreate, at least in theory, right? If they truly are facing extinction you'd think they'd find a way to increase their numbers. Including, but not limited to cloning the symbiotes they already have. Ba'al had at least a dozen, if not more copies of himself running around the galaxy. The Tok'ra could easily do the same thing.

Only because they could do the same, it does not mean that they would want to. Tok'ra hate the Goa'uld, so if they would be doing the same things as they do, the Tok'ra would not be any better than the Goa'uld. And I guess that is what they want to never be, no matter at what cost

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
      Only because they could do the same, it does not mean that they would want to. Tok'ra hate the Goa'uld, so if they would be doing the same things as they do, the Tok'ra would not be any better than the Goa'uld. And I guess that is what they want to never be, no matter at what cost
      But they did believe Shau'nac's claim that she'd convinced her symbiote that the goa'uld and turned it toward the cause of the Tok'ra. They decided to test that theory by implanting that goa'uld in a host. Now granted it didn't actually turn at all, but used the opportunity to infiltrate the Tok'ra. In any case had it succeeded and the symbiote turned away from the goa'uld the Tok'ra was going planning to implement a large scale plan to get all the prim'ta's to turn. So how does THAT separate them from the goa'uld?

Comment

The question that really needs to be answered is, why does one "need" to be a queen to procreate? All symbiotes are pretty much the same, so in theory shouldn't it be possible that any one of them can reproduce? It is for intends and purposes a parasite, or often called a parasite. Being a highly evolved species they should be able to find a way to survive when the need calls for it. It was suggested in the original Jurassic Park that certain species of frogs can change their sex in all male or female environment in order to procreate. Whether that's true or not the same should be possible for the goa'uld, not changing sex, but being able to reproduce when faced with extinction. So theoretically any symbiote should be able to produce offspring, and that "mom" can choose not to pass on the bad memories or history of it's ancestors. So new Tok'ra born wouldn't have to live the horrors of seeing friends die at the hands of the goa'uld. Just saying, but since it's all fiction anyway, I guess none of it really matters.

Comment

I would daresay it needs to be a queen because queens have the better genes. If that goes as according to real life rules of nature.
          The queen is the one who could make the strongerst and best suited offspring to ensure the race's survival over long.

And I am not saying the Tok'ra did not as well make very questionable moves, I just mean they may want to find another better way of doing it, who knows if at some point they would actually decide to do it the Goa'uld way? Only I assume, if they still see other ways to be possible, they'd keep trying.

Comment

The whole purpose of the Tok'ra is to oppose the goa'uld so once they were defeated it shouldn't be too hard to convince at least one queen to turn away the goa'uld and join the tok'ra. New queen, new tok'ra symbiotes, problem solved.

Comment

Did we ever see anything about cloning symbiotes? I can't remember. If so, perhaps they could have just cloned Egeria.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I was hoping the queen could of been saved, then started producing normal Tokra that could of been used for the Jaffa & communicated with them as they grow, then grow the population...

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  Did we ever see anything about cloning symbiotes? I can't remember. If so, perhaps they could have just cloned Egeria.
                  That is a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Eegeria is dead and we know from the episode when a cloaked ashrak forced the tok'ra to flee their base that the tok'ra put their dead in front of the gate and obliterate them in the vortex of the wormhole.

Comment

Working...
                    X