Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Michael had known the truth from the start? (Contains SPOILERS for Michael)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Michael had known the truth from the start? (Contains SPOILERS for Michael)

I have been wondering, do you think things would have been different between Michael and the Atlantis team or even in Pegasus galaxy if, like Telya wanted, they had told Michael the truth straight out about what they did to him?

I really think it would have changed things a lot. Sure he would have been angry, too but maybe not as much as he has been and could have agreed to work with them as partners. I often think he must have been a scientist, so that could have been very useful for developing treatments or improving the virus (which I am not thinking was a good thing to use).
    He could also have lived among the humans and know about them and see things from both sides which could have proven as an advantage.
    I believe that things only went so wrong, because he had to find out by himself that they lied to him and betrayed him like that, ignoring how he told them that he felt strange and kept lying to him, still.
    He has a lot of good points in my opinion, he is holding against them, but I guess if he had not been feeling used and all betrayed by them that way, he would have also been able to see their reasons.
    Last edited by DarkenLycht; 04 February 2017, 07:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
    I have been wondering, do you think things would have been different between Michael and the Atlantis team or even in Pegasus galaxy if, like Telya wanted, they had told Michael the truth straight out about what they did to him?

I really think it would have changed things a lot. Sure he would have been angry, too but maybe not as much as he has been and could have agreed to work with them as partners. I often think he must have been a scientist, so that could have been very useful for developing treatments or improoving the virus (which I am not thinking was a good thing to use).
    He could also have lieved among the humans and know about them and see things from both sides which could have proven as an advantage.
    I believe that things only went so wrong, because he had to find out by himself that they lied to him and betrayed him like that, ignoring how he told them that he felt strange and kept lying to him, still.
    He has a lot of good points in my opinion, he is holding against them, but I guess if he had not been feeling used and all betrayed by them that way, he would have also been able to see their reasons.
    I highly doubt it, he's a wraith. They have but one purpose to use humans as cattle, to feed off them. Nothing you can do can change the inherent nature of any predatory species. Would you take say a baby lion and raise him or her from a kitten and keep as a pet forever? No! Why not? Because you can take a creature from it's natural habitat and try to domesticate it, but you can never remove it's natural instinct.

Comment

You would have a point for one, if Wraith were animals, which they are not and for another if not actually there were a Wraith or two who have worked with the team.
      Todd even went so far as to agree to take the treatment Dr. Keller had created, which went wrong but he wanted to try.
      Sure, you could say he only did because there were not enough humans to feed from for all Wrath but that already was the case as Michael was "created". So that would have more to be an argument for why he could have worked with them, to have a win win situation for both sides.
      Last edited by DarkenLycht; 04 February 2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

If Michael had known and agreed to the treatment and it hadn't wiped his memory, he probably could have been an ally to the team.

...Wraith aren't animals and I don't get the impression that all of them approve of having to eat humans, I also think that they know their food supply is shrinking and if they had a way to get around that - ability for another food source to take the place of humans - I think they would take it.

Comment

Yes, it is only sad that at this point in the show I guess they would not have gone to try and ask a Wraith to test the treatment on him, this idea would make room for whole thread itself

But I do agree with you

Comment

Yes well part of that is Sheppard's doing...You know Carson absolutely didn't like doing such tests on a living creature without their consent. He was given no choice in the matter really.

Comment

I do know that indeed, but that's what he's a good doctor for, to not like doing such things unless he is forced to. But if he had said know they would have either fired him or looked for someone else who would have been willing to do it.
              Same I guess if Teyla or Carson had told Michael the truth

Comment

Humans, Wraith, and Iratus bugs-- we are all animals. Mammals are vertebrates and insects are invertebrates. It seems more accurate to say Wraith are not Iratus bugs. Unlike Iratus bugs, Wraith can communicate with and enter into contracts with humans.

They also were shown to keep those contracts. The Wraith in "The Hive" treated their worshippers well, giving them powder blue clothes with Wraith designs and hair wraps just like the ones the Queen herself wore. After Todd mistakenly thought John betrayed him, he and his crew did not go on a feeding frenzy after the Lanteans had been knocked out. They had chosen to be delegates, ironically at Lantean gunpoint, to discuss peaceful solutions, including Keller's idea, which would alter their hands and prevent them from giving the Gift of Life to heal their wounded family in the future. That is major!

Michael wanted Teyla's friendship and wanted it to be her choice, so that indicates he did understand some of her motives for capturing him and altering his form without his permission. Michael could have pulled a King David move and placed Kanaan in the front lines of battle, to get the competition out of the way, but he did not. It had to be Teyla's free choice. Her contract too.

(Additional thoughts: That being said, the ability to form contracts is not a criteria for treating someone well or not. Also, maybe Iratus bugs and Wraith can communicate on some level.)
                Last edited by WraithTech; 10 July 2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

That is right indeed, after all they did to him, he still wanted frienship to her and didn't use the occasions he had to do them harm, as much as they harmed him.
                  That is also one reason more, why I think it would have been diffrent, if they told him the truth, because he still seemed to be willing to accept it and be friends with them up to a certain point.

Comment

Working...
                  X