What if a goa'uld got access to the chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if a goa'uld got access to the chair

We know that in The New Order Ba'al has plans of coming to earth to try to take the weapons platform in Antarctica for himself, supposedly. To what end I have to ask. There's no way that he could've used it. The Ancients made sure that it couldn't be used against them by installing the fail safe that it could only respond to a person with the ATA gene. It's possible, however unlikely Anubis might have been able to use it since he was 1/2 ascended. I doubt even that would make a difference since the body he would've occupied in order to attempt to use wouldn't have the gene. So the only recourse Ba'al or Anubis would have in taking was to simply keep us from being able to use it against them again, imo.

Maybe he felt with his superior knowledge, he could have engineered a work around?

Comment

With time I think, he could have redesigned it so it could have been used and then it would be a powerful weapon to have against enemies. Also, I guess that the chair is so powerful is reason alone to desire to own it. Even if he could maybe not use it, it would ensure that no one else can use the chair against him, too.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Maybe he felt with his superior knowledge, he could have engineered a work around?
        The wraith stole knowledge and tech from the Ancients, and even they couldn't make their tech work. Remember the wraith in The Defiant One? He tried forever to make the puddle jumper fly and couldn't.

Comment

But that Wraith was, if I recall it right, weakened and had not much tme, beig chased,
          It's not like if you would manage to take something with you to safety and have time to work on it, as Ba'al or Anubis could have most likely

Comment

Anubis certainly knew enough about ancient technology to know about the ATA gene, either he had a plan for finding one or he had someone with that gene. An he would have certainly capture people on Earth who would have told him about it if and when they were captured.

An he certainly had the neccessary technology to extract whatever that person learnt. The device he use on Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
              The wraith stole knowledge and tech from the Ancients, and even they couldn't make their tech work. Remember the wraith in The Defiant One? He tried forever to make the puddle jumper fly and couldn't.
              He had what.. A few hours to play with it? Compared to how many times did we see the wraith counter lantean tech? Heck it took them how long to counter the asgard beaming?

Comment

He had what.. A few hours to play with it? Compared to how many times did we see the wraith counter lantean tech? Heck it took them how long to counter the asgard beaming?
                Yes, that and also we know they are good at such thigs under other circumstances, like that time Todd quickly helped McKay with that code...

Comment

Ancient tech was superior to Wraith tech is almost every way. The only reason the Ancients lost the war was they saw no way to win the war. With the cloning facility the wraith simply overwhelmed them with numbers.

Comment

And because some of their technology was a failiure

But to get back to your question, if a Goa'uld would have the chair and could use it I think they might have been able to cause a great deal of destruction, but that is what most enemies like to do

Comment

Working...
                    X