• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Lie Guarded (404)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON FOUR
    A LIE GUARDED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 404
    Abby leads a team to Alie's laboratory to try and learn the secret of Night Blood, but get more than they bargained for from an automated defense system. Kane is caught in the middle when Roan decides Skaikru is working against him, and Jasper makes a discovery.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 July 2017, 08:50 PM.

Jasper wasn't at all funny when he was pretending to be dying from black rain, he was kind of right about the list though and that clarke should've tried to convince people that her idea was the right idea to begin with, instead of going behind everyone's backs. Clarke was acting like quite the dictator when she had Jasper arrested. I liked that Monty read the list to everyone. And I really liked Clarke's talk with Jasper towards the end.

I think Kane was right when he told Octavia that she didn't have to kill those people. I felt really bad for Bellamy when he saw Octavia's sword and he thought she was dead. I'm glad that Octavia pulled an Aragorn and survived (for now) lol.

I didn't like that Nyko was killed, he was one of the only (or only) Grounders left from season 1 (or did we meet him in early season 2, whatever, he was one of the earliest grounders introduced left lol). I really liked Raven talking Luna into helping. I'm glad the group made it to Becca's lab.

Overall, I loved this episode.
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 24 February 2017, 04:41 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I actually hated that she somehow survived the stab in the gut AND that 100+ meter fall..
      I agree on Nyko being killed was crappy, and was hoping Jasper was NOT faking it.. HE is really wearing on my nerves.
      I also liked all the stuff on the island, but was real surprised those armed drones were still even active...

Comment

They made that cliff seem ridiculously high (I guess they really wanted everyone to believe Octavia was dead), but I'm still glad that she's alive because I like the character and because it seemed like an odd place to end her story.

This is the first episode in a long time where I didn't find Jasper really annoying.
        sigpic

Comment

I just can't understand how YET AGAIN he convinced Montey to do his bidding in playing that practical joke on Wanheda (clarke), and after doing so, just sat there in the chair, acting like a douchebag..

Comment

What practical joke did Monty play on Clarke? Do you mean Jasper when he was pretending to be dying due to black rain? Or do you mean the joke Jasper played on Jaha, when he "floated" him. I don't think Monty did Jasper's bidding anyway, he found out about the list and he also didn't agree that hiding the truth from everyone was a good idea, especially with the way that Clarke was acting and the lengths that she would go to keep it a secret (shock-lashing Jasper, a friend, for wanting to tell the truth and then having him arrested).
            sigpic

Comment

Monty and Jasper rigged a fire suppression spray to hit Clarke as she came through a doorway into an office.

Random thoughts on this episode.

1: When the hell are the sky people going to realize that peaceful co-existence is not possible for the grounders and obliterate them?
              2: Clark has seriously outgrown her britches. As someone said.. who died and made her God?
              3: No way in hell Octavia survived that drop into a shallow river. At least not in real life.

Comment

I completely forgot about that lol. Didn't Monty think better of it after they found the list and wasn't he trying to stop Clarke as she walked in? I thought that was kind of funny, not as funny as "floating" Jaha was though. Jasper was trying to lighten the mood around the camp (I just don't think pretending to be dying is funny), he didn't realize exactly how dire their predicament was since Clarke was hiding it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  What practical joke did Monty play on Clarke? Do you mean Jasper when he was pretending to be dying due to black rain? Or do you mean the joke Jasper played on Jaha, when he "floated" him.
                  The face full of fire retardant. After breaking into the chancellor's office..

I don't think Monty did Jasper's bidding anyway, he found out about the list and he also didn't agree that hiding the truth from everyone was a good idea, especially with the way that Clarke was acting and the lengths that she would go to keep it a secret (shock-lashing Jasper, a friend, for wanting to tell the truth and then having him arrested).
                  He was doing his bidding almost, bu breaking in and setting it up SO she would get a face full of retardant. The list was found after/during..
                  And i wouldn't count Jasper a friend.. Especially after his attitude from the past 2 seasons..

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  1: When the hell are the sky people going to realize that peaceful co-existence is not possible for the grounders and obliterate them?
                  With what? They only got so many bullets and guns..

2: Clark has seriously outgrown her britches. As someone said.. who died and made her God?
                  WHo made her god when the decision to take down Mt weather came? Who made her god when she volunteered for the suicide mission (damn near) to take out Elli?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    The face full of fire retardant. After breaking into the chancellor's office..

He was doing his bidding almost, bu breaking in and setting it up SO she would get a face full of retardant. The list was found after/during..
                    And i wouldn't count Jasper a friend.. Especially after his attitude from the past 2 seasons..
                    I forgot about the part with the fire retardant until Annoyed mentioned it. I think Clarke still sees Jasper as a friend. She seems to understand that's he's been going through a tough time since Mt. weather (yeah, everyone's been through a lot, but not everyone reacts to things the same way and even though it can be annoying sometimes, I'm glad that they're showing someone reacting like Jasper is).
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with everyone on Jasper. We all started hating Monty, and now he is loved and Jasper is hated. I think Jasper has outgrown his usefulness, unless he grows up, I say he should go the way of Lincoln.

Edit: Oopps, wrong name. Not Monty. Anywho...
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

With what? They only got so many bullets and guns..
                        And apparently there is no shortage:
                        Spoiler:
                        During the teaser for next week, we see Clarke? telling one of the grounders "we have more bullets than you have men"

In addition, they know how to use technology, and there are many ways that tech can be weaponized. If they have control of Allie's drones, as they appear to, they could put a hurting on the grounder forces with them. And who knows what weapons might be squirreled away in other old government installations. As I understand it, they are geographically fairly close to what used to be Washington DC. I'm sure there are a few leftover toys there.

Whatever the details, I'm sure the writers can come up with something. But ever since the the original 100 landed on Earth, the the various grounder tribes have done nothing but fight. The Sky people have bent over backwards to try to peacefully co-exist with the grounders, but they just aren't interested.

Time for them to die.

WHo made her god when the decision to take down Mt weather came? Who made her god when she volunteered for the suicide mission (damn near) to take out Elli?
                        They were different situations. This time, they have months of lead time to consider alternatives.
                        Last edited by Annoyed; 26 February 2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

And apparently there is no shortage:
                          Spoiler:
                          During the teaser for next week, we see Clarke? telling one of the grounders "we have more bullets than you have men"

In addition, they know how to use technology, and there are many ways that tech can be weaponized. If they have control of Allie's drones, as they appear to, they could put a hurting on the grounder forces with them. And who knows what weapons might be squirreled away in other old government installations. As I understand it, they are geographically fairly close to what used to be Washington DC. I'm sure there are a few leftover toys there.

Whatever the details, I'm sure the writers can come up with something. But ever since the the original 100 landed on Earth, the the various grounder tribes have done nothing but fight. The Sky people have bent over backwards to try to peacefully co-exist with the grounders, but they just aren't interested.

Time for them to die.

They were different situations. This time, they have months of lead time to consider alternatives.

Some of them tried the peace thing. Then their peacekeeping force got killed off by Pike and his men. But something tells me that Luna wouldn't find it too hard to agree with you here.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I forgot about the part with the fire retardant until Annoyed mentioned it. I think Clarke still sees Jasper as a friend. She seems to understand that's he's been going through a tough time since Mt. weather (yeah, everyone's been through a lot, but not everyone reacts to things the same way and even though it can be annoying sometimes, I'm glad that they're showing someone reacting like Jasper is).
                            And that's the thing. Even in S1, and early S2, Jasper never really came across AS a person i would see Clarke callling a friend...

Comment

And that's the thing. Even in S1, and early S2, Jasper never really came across AS a person i would see Clarke callling a friend...
                              When she was trying to get Jasper and the rest of the kids out of Mt. Weather she referred to them as her friends (Jasper and Monty were the main kids we followed in Mt. Weather). I don't think she's as close to him as Bellamy or even Raven, but after the events of the first season, I think Clarke saw Jasper and the rest of the group (except Murphy) as friends.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X