• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. & Mrs. Mxyzptlk (213)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    MR. & MRS. MXYZPTLK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213
    Kara learns that she is the object of affection for Mr. Mxyzptlk, a magical imp from another dimension, who declares his love while wreaking havoc on National City -- and straining her relationship with Mon-El. Alex and Maggie clash over whether to celebrate their first Valentine's Day.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 March 2017, 09:11 PM.

I was a great Mon-El episode.
    But actually it was quite entertaining, Mr. Mxyzpltk was quite funny and Winn was hilarious with his alien girlfriend "Put that human down" . The #sanvers story was the best again, albeit a bit cut short.
    It was a decent valentine's day bottle episode.
    sigpic

Comment

When did this turn into the Mon-El show?

Anyways Mr Myx was awesome, hell I would have chosen him over Mon-El, at least he's fun in a dangerous mischievous sort of way. Mon-El has just turned so bland since he's been mooning over Kara. He used to be quite fun too. Shame.

I would have so much preferred to see a little more Sanvers than all that Kara/Mon-El nonsense. The lovey dovey pafrts looked quigte weird and awkward. What is it with them and trying to put Kara together with guys that have no romantic chemistry with her?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        What is it with them and trying to put Kara together with guys that have no romantic chemistry with her?
        Maybe they shouldn't put her with guys?

But actually I was kinda relieved when she decided to concentrate on being Supergirl instead of being James' girlfriend. How 'bout shows or movies about female superheroes is about them and not the love interests, more specifically male love interests. As this SNL sketch so hilariously pointed it out:
        sigpic

Comment

When did this turn into the Mon-El show?
          Better yet, when did this become a soap opera?

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
            Maybe they shouldn't put her with guys?
            Maybe She has more chemistry with a potted plant than the guys they're tring to set her up with Or food. Oh SuperCal OTP

But actually I was kinda relieved when she decided to concentrate on being Supergirl instead of being James' girlfriend. How 'bout shows or movies about female superheroes is about them and not the love interests, more specifically male love interests. As this SNL sketch so hilariously pointed it out:
            Yeah me too as there was zero chemistry with James, then they decided to pair with with Mon-El? Why can't she just concentrate on being Supergirl and a reporter? I don't mind romance in the show, if it works but not to the detriment of the relationship that made the show so good in the first place

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Better yet, when did this become a soap opera?
              All this romance drama is doing my head in. I mean what she said to Mon-El about the way he was acting was on point, hell even Mr Mxy or whatever his name is got it staright about Mon-El so why the hell would she still go with him? It doesn't make sense

I wish Cat Grant was back. She'd knock some sense into Kara
              sigpic

Comment

I don't mind romance in the show, if it works but not to the detriment of the relationship that made the show so good in the first place
                Me neither, but this show was first about Supergirl, and second about her bond with her sister, and her admiring Cat Grant, a strong independent woman, who helped her to discover herself. And life sucks, and moving to CW meant moving to Vancouver, and Calista didn't want to move there. And then they come up with Lena Luthor a similarly strong female character, but obviously Katie McGrath's availability is uncertain at the moment, so it's just a scene here or there.
                So yeah. And it looks like Chris Wood lives in the CW studios, but at least he and Kara were all cute and funny until they tried to be romantic. Which IMHO doesn't work. Compare to that Kara looking at Lena when she tells her she's her hero.
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe She has more chemistry with a potted plant than the guys they're tring to set her up with Or food. Oh SuperCal OTP

Kara: "If that potsticker is not in my mouth in two seconds I will melt your face."
                  Alex: "I hope you get fat."
                  Kara: "Not on this planet."
                  sigpic

Comment

This show seems to becoming more and more like a soap...

Comment

Me neither, but this show was first about Supergirl, and second about her bond with her sister, and her admiring Cat Grant, a strong independent woman, who helped her to discover herself. And life sucks, and moving to CW meant moving to Vancouver, and Calista didn't want to move there. And then they come up with Lena Luthor a similarly strong female character, but obviously Katie McGrath's availability is uncertain at the moment, so it's just a scene here or there.
                      So yeah. And it looks like Chris Wood lives in the CW studios, but at least he and Kara were all cute and funny until they tried to be romantic. Which IMHO doesn't work. Compare to that Kara looking at Lena when she tells her she's her hero.
                      Very well put. It's a pity Callista Flockhart couldn't continue on the show. I miss her. I would love to see more Katie McGrath on SG. I FREAKIN' LOVE LENA LUTHER. She's also a strong, independent and successful business woman but different from Cat also.

kar and Mon-El played so well together when he was more like the mischievous brother trying to figure out Earth and the way they act. But since romance has made an appearance it looks awkward with them, kinda uncomfortable looking. Yeah Lena has more chemistry with Kara than the 3 guys combined I don't think that was supposed to happen Bugt I don't think Katie is capable of playing a character completely straight

Kara: "If that potsticker is not in my mouth in two seconds I will melt your face."
                      Alex: "I hope you get fat."
                      Kara: "Not on this planet."
                      SEE. I miss these little bits from the sisters. We need more of this. A distance sems to have grown between them, whether it's been deliberate from the writers or just a by product from the roamnce stuff who knows.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I hate soaps so I hope it gets back to what it was good at and lessen some of the romance
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Okay, this is still light years from being a soap, and this was a Valetine's Day themed fluff bottle episode. Like watching Window of Opportunity and saying that Stargate is about O'Neill smooching Carter.

And the show was originally primarily about people, family, friends, and secondarily about flying around in a cape, and saving Earth each and every Monday. And being human, and alien, means relationships with other humans or aliens. There's nothing wrong with that, but lately the priorities and the focus seems to slip. And I don't mean #sanvers here, because it rarely exceeds five minutes of an episode (it was 7 minutes total this episode, including the Alex/Kara and Maggie/Kara scenes). So Alex still spends more time being a sister and a DEO agent.
                        sigpic

Comment

All this romance drama is doing my head in. I mean what she said to Mon-El about the way he was acting was on point, hell even Mr Mxy or whatever his name is got it staright about Mon-El so why the hell would she still go with him? It doesn't make sense

I wish Cat Grant was back. She'd knock some sense into Kara
                          And why would I care? Really, I don't give a flying fig about who has the hots for who and so on. That isn't what I watch this type of show for. If I want to watch that, I can go watch Grey's Anatomy reruns.(Seriously, that show has gone downhill.)

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            And why would I care? Really, I don't give a flying fig about who has the hots for who and so on. That isn't what I watch this type of show for. If I want to watch that, I can go watch Grey's Anatomy reruns.(Seriously, that show has gone downhill.)
                            I'd rather they stop trying to pair her up with every guy she becomes friends with. I wanna see more Aliens and fighting and sister moments. I miss the Kara/James/Winn dynamic too that we had in season 1, minus the crush on James.
                            sigpic

Comment

The relationship aspect was no where near as pronounced last year. It was easy to ignore.

Comment

Working...
                              X