• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luthors (212)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    LUTHORS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212
    During her trial Lillian Luther offers to make amends with her daughter, but suspicions are cast on Lena after Metallo escapes from prison with a new Kryptonite charge. As Kara tries to defend her friend, the Luthor matriarch puts her latest plan into motion.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 February 2017, 09:42 PM.

Hmm. With how the end seemed, is Lena playing the "long con" as John said??
    BUt i actually liked it..

Comment

I liked this episode too and was wondering about Lena when she was looking at the chess piece and they showed that flashback, towards the end, as well.

I liked that Maggie had something more to do then be the girlfriend during this episode. I liked that Kara and James are friends again, they had some good scenes during this episode. I also liked how Superman's friendship with Lex was brought up. Even though it's not in the same universe, I couldn't help thinking about Smallville and Lex and Clarke's friendship and the subsequent deterioration of that friendship on that show. It made me wonder if that was the route they were going with Lena (though on Smallville Lex was pretty clearly manipulative from the start, though some of what happened was due to Clarke's distrust of him). Lena seems like a good person right now, but there are moments, like the one with that chess piece, that make me wonder.
      sigpic

Comment

I FREAKIN' LOVE LENA LUTHER and I loved this ep. I just wanted to hug Lena after everything she went through here.

So she saved Alex's life, stopped the guys with the alien weapons AND had her own Mother arrested but all that doesn't seem to be enough for anyone except Kara. No one will ever trust her just because her last name is Luther. Its funny how no one judged Winn because his father was the toy maker, or even judged Kara for her father creating the Meduse virus, that was designed to kill anyone that asn't Kryptonian. Is what he done all that different to what Lillian tried to do? In a twisted way both thought they were trying to ave their own species. At least Kara stood by her friend through it all and believed in her innocence. No one seems to want to listen to Kara these days, It's almost like she's having to do certain things by herself.

If they are trying to make folks hate James this season they are doing a damn fine job. He shouldn't be a CEO at a magazine if he can't remain objective, and he really has to ask why Kara can trust Lena but not him as Guardian? Yeah cause Lena didn't lie to Kara and pulled her mother into a trap to impress Kara or one up Supergirl, she done it to stop a deadly enemy. James lied about Guardian then to compound it lied about Livewires whereabouts so he could impress Supergirl to try convince her that Guardian is a good idea. After that does he really expect her to trust him as Guardian?

We really could have done without the Mon-El stuff. It doesn't feel right. Feels kinda forced to me.

Not sure how I feel about the scene with the chess piece, I hope they don't turn Lena evil. It would be too predictable, boring and ridiculous going down that route.

Kara and Lena have awesome chemistry together, I'd like to see that friendship develop. They better not make Lena betray Kara, her only friend and the only one that believes in her. Even when the evidence is overwhelming
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          I liked this episode too and was wondering about Lena when she was looking at the chess piece and they showed that flashback, towards the end, as well.

I liked that Maggie had something more to do then be the girlfriend during this episode. I liked that Kara and James are friends again, they had some good scenes during this episode. I also liked how Superman's friendship with Lex was brought up. Even though it's not in the same universe, I couldn't help thinking about Smallville and Lex and Clarke's friendship and the subsequent deterioration of that friendship on that show. It made me wonder if that was the route they were going with Lena (though on Smallville Lex was pretty clearly manipulative from the start, though some of what happened was due to Clarke's distrust of him). Lena seems like a good person right now, but there are moments, like the one with that chess piece, that make me wonder.
          Maybe that was the end goal.. TO MAKE Us all wonder what really is going on there...

Kara and Lena have awesome chemistry together, I'd like to see that friendship develop.
          What similar to maggie and alex? I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            No not like that. There is more than just romantic chemistry out there For instance Kara/winn have good chemistry in a totally platonic best friend kinda way
            sigpic

Comment

Ah... Usually when people mention "on screen chemistry" between 2 characters, they are often talking about "shipping them"...

Comment

Ah... Usually when people mention "on screen chemistry" between 2 characters, they are often talking about "shipping them"...
                I should have been more specific they do have more chemistry than the 3 guys combined though that kind of relationship between them was never gonna happen anyway so there's nothing to worry about in that respect. But I do see a lot of potential for a really meaningful friendship. Ever since they introduced the Alex/Maggie relationship there seems to be a distance between Kara/Alex. Kara needs someone to turn to and so does Lena. They could help each other. Kara accepts Lena for who she is and doesn't judge her fir being a Luthor (woohoo I managed to speel her last name without an e ) and her friendship can help keep Lena on the straight and narrow. Lena has helped Kara find her confidence, she SEES Kara and not Kara/Supergirl (I think Lena knows).

When Kara stormed off and she was beating tge living daylights out of a block of concrete I expected Alex to seek her out As it's usually Alex that finds her to check on her but it was Mon-El? I don't like what Alex's relationship is doing to the Alex/Kara dynamic. She never even checked on her sister

I feel they are pushing the Alex/Maggie and Kara/Mon-El relationship and neglecting the relationship that made the show so good
                Last edited by Linda06; 15 February 2017, 02:38 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  Lex and Clarke
                  That's Clark. Lex and Clark. There is (was) a Lexa and Clarke, but that's The 100. And unfortunately it was before bulletproof vests were invented
                  sigpic

Comment

Why not? Not that I'm into shipping Kara with Lena, but it would make much more sense than any of the three guys they were setting her up with. If felt like Kara adopting new brothers.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                      That's Clark. Lex and Clark. There is (was) a Lexa and Clarke, but that's The 100. And unfortunately it was before bulletproof vests were invented
                      Sorry typo, I know it's spelled Clark, I guess I got used to adding the "e" from posting about The 100 a lot.
                      sigpic

Comment

Love Lena Luthors character, Katie Mcgrath did splendid job with the character. I think James is too bias base on the past experience!! Does Lexx knows Superman identity??
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yukin1990 View Post
                          Love Lena Luthors character, Katie Mcgrath did splendid job with the character. I think James is too bias base on the past experience!! Does Lexx knows Superman identity??
                          As much as I dislike James I'm glad he apologised for letting his prejudice cloud his judgment. It's more than any of the others done.

Katie McGrath has been a great addition this season. Lena Luthor is awesome
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X