Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Destiny set off before... Unsuccessfully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the Destiny set off before... Unsuccessfully?

I ask this because it seems to be on some kind of course correction like it has done it all before or something.

Like knowing which exact planet has what supplies in order to to keep the journey going, bits of the ship coming back like new (like the shuttle in Visitation) , a whole separate ship appearing so the current ship acquires spare parts (Twin Destinies)

I just get the feeling that the ship has never really quite made it as far as it should have without some time manipulation of sorts going on.

That's a valid point. In one aspect the seed ships are out in front guiding the Destiny and finding needed supply planets. I wish they would have done more with the seed ships. I know they came across the one but so much more could have been done with them. I imagine more was to be explored in later seasons. However, as you mentioned, they did end up coming across the shuttle and the other Destiny. It makes you wonder if in another reality the Destiny already has reached its destination.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
      That's a valid point. In one aspect the seed ships are out in front guiding the Destiny and finding needed supply planets. I wish they would have done more with the seed ships. I know they came across the one but so much more could have been done with them. I imagine more was to be explored in later seasons. However, as you mentioned, they did end up coming across the shuttle and the other Destiny. It makes you wonder if in another reality the Destiny already has reached its destination.
      That 'meeting the other destiny' was only cause of a time warp caused by dialing in the sun they did in that ep.. The shuttle was sent back by the planet builders. So in essence there HAS been some time jumping. BUT not to the extend it went out first, restarted, and so on.

And i agree.. THEY did leave a lot to be desired on the seed ships.. I would have loved to known
      A) how do they determine suitable planets? Do they have remote droids that go down, just scan it from orbit??
      B) what exactly drops the built gates
      C) How does it get the materials FOR the gates? OR are all the parts stored in it, and it has in essence a limited supply??

Comment

I always thought it was kinda convenient that Destiny would encounter more than one time-based anomaly that would end up saving the day.

I figured it, and the everything that had to do with the "world builder" aliens was actually someone in the future who had managed to complete the signal/message in the CMBR. Given Rush's discussion with Young in "The Greater Good" where he says answering the mystery would allow them to control fate and "right wrongs" I figure it was him. It would go pretty far as to explain some things.

Like why everyone who stayed behind on Eden weren't permanently resurrected: it was Rush still figuring how to manipulate reality, and he haphazardly brought them back to life, but they only ended up dying again because he technically hit "rewind" on them and then "play" again.

It also kinda explains why the shuttle didn't deteriorate the same way, it was "rewound" much further to a point where it was restored to its original working condition, and thus had more time before it returned to its decrepit state.

Comment

So you think rush is a human form "planet builder'??

Comment

After watching Twin Destinies I now get the impression that alternate-Rush could have managed to save himself with the chair via its ascension/upload capabilities and possibly had a hand in the whole course correction of the Destiny's mission. It seems to make the most sense. Not that we will ever get an answer.

Comment

Working...
            X