Theory: Lisa Park and the cosmic microwave background radiation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory: Lisa Park and the cosmic microwave background radiation

I was watching the episode where she went blind after being exposed to the intense light of the star and it suddenly got me thinking; what if Dr. Park's blindness wasn't just an accident?

What if she was blinded so that somehow she would be the key to solving the megastructure? From what I saw of the CMBR it appeared in the form of some kind of incomprehensible wave pattern/noise pattern built by whomever or whatever so that by blinding Dr.Park it was the only way it could communicate this "message" left for the Destiny crew to figure out as it what exactly this was.

Another thing that struck me is that Tamara Johannson's ALS seemed to disable her body completely, perhaps this entity who created the "message" was going to use her as some form of vessel to communicate with the crew eventually, before turning her back to normal.

Hmmm those are interesting thoughts. I never really considered that. I gues I just assumed it was just tidbits to add to the sense of hopelessness and struggle so far from home. However, it does seem that the writers did like to put things in that were purposeful with an "everything thing happens for a reason" type thing. The fact that Destiny was able to manipulate things to ensure its survival and could almost sense what the crew needed speaks to that. I loved that storyline and makes the Destiny a character in and of itself.

Comment

I highly doubt it. They were diving in a blue star which is why park got blinded. Not by some mistake/doings of others. As for TJ's ALS, unless she was given it KNOWING that she would eventually be on the destiny, i just can't see it.

Comment

I don't think TJ's ALS would be used as a vehicle like that. It's something she brought to Destiny from earth, and nothing she got onboard Destiny, as it was pointed out.

Though, Park being used to solve the background radiation puzzle seems not necessarily likely, but possible to me. Her accident was bad timing from her side, she missed the right point to leave the hydroponics. But Destiny messing with her in this might not completely be out of the question, IMO.
        sigpic

Comment

But how would destiny have been the one to have turned her blind??

Comment

Similar to "Lady in the Water" by M. Night Shymalan. Everyone had things that they could do, or physical traits, seemingly by random that were perfectly needed for that moment. Its a stretch but maybe its a way to get more people involved, because otherwise it is just Rush and Eli figuring things out and everyone else along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              But how would destiny have been the one to have turned her blind??
              Maybe in the same way Destiny seemingly knew that the squids from "Time" would help to solve another problem. There have been a few destiny-moments like that in SGU.

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
              Similar to "Lady in the Water" by M. Night Shymalan. Everyone had things that they could do, or physical traits, seemingly by random that were perfectly needed for that moment. Its a stretch but maybe its a way to get more people involved, because otherwise it is just Rush and Eli figuring things out and everyone else along for the ride.
              I like the idea to involve more people into the general "solving the mystery" of Destiny.
              sigpic

Comment

I can understand those squid things, since destiny could have analyzed them. BUT how would she know who's coming aboard in the first place to plan how best to use them?? You are almost making it sound like the ship is both precognitive AND sentient..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  I can understand those squid things, since destiny could have analyzed them. BUT how would she know who's coming aboard in the first place to plan how best to use them?? You are almost making it sound like the ship is both precognitive AND sentient..
                  No, I think your interpretation of what I wrote goes too far. I don't think the ship knew in any way who'll come on board before any of them came, how could it? There's also no evidence that this was the intention of the show runners, IMO.

As you wrote, the ship is able to analyze the data it has from the seeder ships and is able to "read" the people on board, we've got evidence for that. Given the right opportunity this could be enough to make a decision about someones future, I see this as a possibility not as a must.

In my first post I said that Lisa was used by Destiny seems not likely to me, but it may be possible. I still think that it is possible, because we've seen elements like this. To do something like this the ship neither needs to be precognitive nor really sentient in the same way humans are.

I somehow like the idea of the first post and see the possibilities, I don't argue to see it as "canon".
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually if you rewatch from the first episode the destiny starts to "awaken" before the people arrive. Coincidence? I personally think an ancient uploaded their consciousness via the chair room to guide/help the destiny(totally just my opinion, but kind of makes sense).

Comment

It was awakening cause of the 9th cheveron dial in..

Comment

Originally posted by Madcrazycats View Post
                        Actually if you rewatch from the first episode the destiny starts to "awaken" before the people arrive. Coincidence? I personally think an ancient uploaded their consciousness via the chair room to guide/help the destiny(totally just my opinion, but kind of makes sense).
                        Sorry for joining so late in this discussions. My opinion is that Destiny is either under the influence of an ancient either is an AI like we haven't seen before.

Watched many times before and why do I get the feeling that the Destiny crew are actually the ancients or the ones that have evolved to a point where they are the actually cosmic microwave message...

Comment

Working...
                        X