What if Stargate was real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Stargate was real?

Let's pretend for a minute that there really was a stargate and real aliens with advanced technology. We send people through the gate to acquire this tech, and send it to a top secret facility, i.e. Area 51. What are the odds that spies or some other outside interest learns about all this and steals the technology for personal gains, like The Trust? I mean it's all conjecture, but it could happen, right? Or am I just being paranoid that nobody is infallible including those with high level security clearance. Before Snowden I would've said it was impossible, but it's not unlike there has never double agents working from both sides. It was more common that people realize all through the cold war.

If Stargate was real I'm taking the first gate off this doomed planet
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      If Stargate was real I'm taking the first gate off this doomed planet
      lmao

Comment

If it was real i can see this planet errupting into war over the religious implications alone.

Comment

Secrets have been leaked since FOREVER! In this day and age of technology and instant access it would be very difficult to keep that large of a thing a secret...I would assume. With that being said, I hope there is a real Stargate because then they could make a reality show about it and that would be our new Stargate show. Think "Amazing Race" but on off world missions...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            If it was real i can see this planet errupting into war over the religious implications alone.
            That's nothing new.

Comment

True. BUT most of what we have are more small scale skirmishes...

Comment

It's not the religious wars I'd be wary of but the political ones.

sigpic
                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                  It's not the religious wars I'd be wary of but the political ones.
                  The three main reasons for war, religion, politics, and money/power.

Comment

I honestly hope it is not, I mean there are enough problems earth and humans have to deal with and as we know a Stargate would cause problems with other races, too even though it could offer new possibilities also.
                    I just think, what we might gain by that is not worth the risks that would come along with it

Comment

I think it could happen, there will always be some faction that would want to get their hands on alien tech, as was seen on Stargate.

These types of people think they can apply reason with the alien enemy for their own personal gain but end up drastically underestimating the alien enemy in the process.

No wonder they keep such things locked away with extremely limited clearance (if in real life such alien things exist, I am fully sceptical of course, even as a lover of science fiction)

Comment

I did like how SG1 explored the unintended consequences of exploration. For example, bringing back contagious diseases or spreading your own to other worlds. In our history we've seen examples of this just from continent to continent. If the Stargate were real, it would have some very real and frightening consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Not really, the most powerful countries in the world are all control by secular leaderships who know how to keep order. I expect some minor rioting but Europe and China, Australia, Russia but nothing major.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
                            I did like how SG1 explored the unintended consequences of exploration. For example, bringing back contagious diseases or spreading your own to other worlds. In our history we've seen examples of this just from continent to continent. If the Stargate were real, it would have some very real and frightening consequences.
                            If you're talking about the people from One False Step, that wasn't a contagion. The thing that made those people sick was us crashing a UAV into one of those plants and screwing up the harmonic balance of the planet.

Comment

I like to think that in the wormhole extreme episode, where they basically allowed the stargate story to be put out there as a cheesy sci-fi show to kind of quell anyone actually hearing about the real stargate and it being believable, could have been based in reality. I might sound crazy, but the whole idea of something like stargate sg1 being real and the military allowing it to air (or even ordering it to be made) is doing the exact same thing: making it fiction so that if any story about what they're doing gets leaked, it can be brushed off as a sci-fi programme and in no way real...you know what I mean? It would be the perfect cover up.

Comment

Working...
                              X